Re: Big troubles with Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition (Origin)

by cosades27

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @tomaccogoats,

Sorry to hear your DLCs don't show up in the Legacy BSN. It's like with every moving sometimes stuff get lost in the process. Simply contact an Advisor and they will fix the issue for you, as confirmed by araneldon earlier in thar thread.

For more information make sure to check the following article: How can I access DLC for my classic BioWare games?

Spoiler

You may see some issues if you try to play a classic BioWare game with downloadable content (DLC) that you downloaded through the BioWare Social site. If your DLC is not recognized by the game or is flagged as “unauthorized”, you can delete the older versions of the DLC from your computer (Go to theBioWare folder in My Documents) and download them again through Origin.

We’ve streamlined getting hold of DLC for many classic games, including those that used to require you to go to the BioWare social site to purchase and download DLC. Now you can find all DLC for Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age: Origins, and Dragon Age 2 directly through Origin.

To find DLC for a game in Origin:

1. Click My Games, then mouse over the cover of the game and click the Game Details ( i ) icon.
    • You can also right-click the game tile and select Game Details.
  2. Scroll down to find a list of available add-ons and bonus content.

Free or previously purchased DLC will have an orange Get It Now or Download button; click on this and the Origin client will download and install the content.

If you had previously purchased DLC for a game, and it’s not showing as available, contact us and we’ll be happy to help restore access. 

Message 21 of 34 (5,465 Views)

★★★ Novice

Awe what a fast response Standard smile

Color me satisfied

Message 22 of 34 (5,455 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hate to open this can of worms again, but I'm having a similar problem with the Warden's Keep DLC. Everything else installed fine from my Amazon-purchased-and-downloaded copy of Ultimate Edition, though the items from the Promotional Pack (such as Helm of the Deep) are also missing, aside from the Blood Dragon armor.

The kicker in my case is that I'm running Mac, and while Origin and social.bioware.com both have the content I'm looking for, the content they have is for Windows. Like the others in this thread, I can't access the Available Content and Download Progress tabs of my Downloadable Content menu, and it looks like my only option in-game is to buy the DLC through the codex, which of course wouldn't give me any of the promotional pack items I'm missing, even if I wanted to buy the Warden's Keep DLC.

The good news is that I still have my old copy of Dragon Age Origins installed on an external backup drive. The bad news is that this copy is full of mods I don't remember how to uninstall, and that I'd rather not play with, so I can't just copy all the files from that location wholesale. If somebody could identify the DLC files I need and where I could locate them, I could probably easily copy those files into the appropriate locations in my current Dragon Age install folders.

Or maybe it might be possible to create a Mac installer for these files? That would be much, much easier.

EDIT:

Quick update. I was able to track down the (bulk of the?) files in my Addins folder under "dao_prc_nrx_1," so it looks like it is actually installed. My game for some reason just isn't registering that fact, which probably means there's something missing in some data file somewhere. Anybody have any ideas? Is it possible it's just the AddIns.xml file? For some reason, the section dealing with soldier's peak there appears to be missing.

EDIT 2:

Yeah, it was apparently nothing more than that. I copy-pasta'd the whole DAO_PRC_NRX_1 section from my old AddIns.xml file into my current one in the same spot that it had been in the old, and suddenly the game recognized all of it. Even briefly went to Soldier's Peak to confirm it was working.

As for the promotional items pack, I went ahead and registered for them directly on social.bioware.com and was able to download .dazips for all of them. I'll go ahead and install those soon, and that should more or less take care of that.

Problem self-solved after a few hours of head -> desking.

Which was an impressive feat in itself considering my desk was several yards away from me the whole time.

Message 23 of 34 (5,307 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I just downloaded Dragon Age origins ultimate and it wont even open now. what pops up is error invalid license. reason code= missing dll:[NxCharacter.dll]Error:0x7E. I've tried to repair the game twice. It is now 2016 and I've seen that you have had problems with the game in the past but now it wont load at all. Maybe you should get your $h!t together and listen to the people who buy your stuff and fix this like they say you should before they get sick of your $h!t and go back to steam, leaving you with the pit that was origin and the money that you put/wasted into origin. Also I tried to use the origin error reporter to send this but with the way its windowed I can't hit the submit button at the bottom of the screen at the result of not being able to adjust the window or to be able to scroll down and hit it, so there is an issue with you issue submiter. It's almost like you don't want people to tell you what your doing wrong. Sorry but I'v been at this for a while and I'm at the end of my rope  

update: called EA help and it turns out that the physics file was missing in the download and because i have a dell inspiron i had to go to and download http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx-9.16.0318-driver.html to update the psychics. Great customer service got me fixed in 20 min with step by step help, but EA you need a better system like tell people what they may need to download if they have a particular problem, just saying. 

Message 24 of 34 (5,086 Views)

★ Novice

I've got the same problem. Where I can find the "finish costumer" service? I think it's not the EA help online no?

Message 25 of 34 (4,877 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@LysRouge wrote:

I've got the same problem. Where I can find the "finish costumer" service? I think it's not the EA help online no?

If you have the same problem as the previous poster, then use the link provided in the "updated" post which fixed the problem.

Message 26 of 34 (4,870 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

!SOLUTION FOR DAO: ULTIMATE EDITION INSTALL BUG - WHEN AWAKENING AND ALL DLCs DO NOT SHOW UP INGAME! (general solution not only for the steam version)

OK as said above, I had the problem that after I downloded the Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition with Awakening and all the DLCs included via Origin neither Awakening nor any other DLC showed up in downloadable content or any other option of the main screen.

I found several solutions for the steam version of the DAO: Ultimate Edition. In case you have the steam version and for some reason you ignored the first 3 google links, the solution is rather easy:

-Start the game 

-Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Dragon Age Ultimate Edition\redist (or wherever you install your Steam games)
-Run both of the following .exe files:
DAUServiceSetup_Steam.exe
DAOU_UpdateAddinsXML_Steam.exe

My problem was I do not own the steam version... 

THIS IS THE SOLUTION IF YOU OWN THE ORIGIN VERSION OF DAO: ULTIMATE EDITION (but probably will work with the steam version as well)

the problem is caused by the addin.xml file in the folder:

C:\[Username]\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings (replace [Username] with your actual username)

it is not updated correctly after the installation, so you have to update it yourself...

This is how it works:

-find the addin.xml file in the "_installer" folder of your INSTALLATION DIRECTORY(!) usually this is C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age\__Installer

-copy the addin.xml from your installation directory and replace the addin.xml file in C:\[Username]\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings

Congratulations, you are finally able to play DAO: Awakening and all DLCs you have installed!

Hope i was able to help you. Have a nice time playing the Game, it is in contrast to its installer pretty awesome Standard smile

PS: Since I din't get an answer from the support team and the BioWare Forums are offline, I was really close to just uninstall the game. Now I'm even more hyped to play this masterpiece again, after all the struggle I have to play on nightmare to keep the frustration level of the installation =)

Greetings,

Dynamsi

Message 27 of 34 (4,597 Views)

★ Novice

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING THIS!!!
This completely solved the problem for me!

I was also about to give up until I came across your response here, so seriously, thank you so much

Message 28 of 34 (4,298 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks a lot for this info, I can finally play Awakening and the other DLCs on my main computer along with the main game.

Message 29 of 34 (4,045 Views)

★★ Novice
What do you mean by "C:\[Username]\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings (replace [Username] with your actual username)" ? what username?
Message 30 of 34 (3,823 Views)