Been playing DA:O fine for months, today i get the message: "Could not activate".

by loodlepro

Original Post

Re: Been playing DA:O fine for months, today i get the message: "Could not activate".

★★ Novice

DAO Ultimate is registered in the same account as Origin. Everything was working 100% for months too, then I saw Orgin do an update to DAO and since then the DLC is missing/unauthenticated.

The official patch 1.5 also does not work with the new DAO from origin like it used too. 1.5 was the fix always, but now, if I install 1.5, the game will crash with some error.

But that is a different story.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/52192393/DAO.jpg

Message 291 of 296 (2,280 Views)

Re: Been playing DA:O fine for months, today i get the message: "Could not activate".

★★ Novice

Update:

Support was able to add my content again after about 30-40mins with the live chat, which I think is quite good.

I am able to download the content again, but what I had to do on my side was to do a fake patch of 1.5, since 1.5 is not comaptible with the new Orgin downloads.

What I did was to make a copy of the original Origin downloaded daorigins.exe, apply the 1.5 patch. Then replace the .exe with the copy I made earlier.

Doing so made the game to download again from the server.

Message 292 of 296 (2,268 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Weird.  Certainly shouldn't have had to do that sort of work-around, Freakshot82.

But glad things are working for you now!

Message 293 of 296 (2,262 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Well I guess I'm the latest in a long line of people with this problem.  I have never played origins, but I want to in lue of the new dragon age coming out soon.  I bought my ultimate edition from amazon and after the install is done i get "an error occured please reinstall".  I found this thread, downloaded the ccleaner fixed my registry (which it did find a dragonage entry) reinstalled from the amazon downloaded package...same error.  So now I am downloading it from origin and I hope it works this time.

I also saw a lot of reviews on amazons website saying they had this error but it was the best deal around so at least I have a key that works, now i just need a game file that works.

Fingers crossed

Message 294 of 296 (2,187 Views)

Re: I let Origin updated Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition and now the game w

★★★ Newbie

hi i dont see this error cuase i cant go this far i see the ERROR of EA for no connect the server and i just buy the game pls help me and sorry for my bad english

Message 295 of 296 (1,697 Views)

Re: I let Origin updated Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition and now the game w

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello, my problem is similar to others here on this thread. However when it wanted me to "activate" the game I would put my info, it would validate, and then it would say there was an error and then recommend me to re-install. When I did (twice!) it would give me the same exact error. Basically if it isn't the same issue, I belive it is connected to this one in some way. Am I wrong?

Edit: Ah, after reading the posts, it seems that there is in fact a fix for this. Now if someone can point to where the Origin Installer is before I throw my Pc out the window that would be great 'cause I can't find it anywhere (and I have the sinking feeling that Origin doesn't recognize that I have already the game) maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place?

Message 296 of 296 (1,551 Views)