Been playing DA:O fine for months, today i get the message: "Could not activate".

by loodlepro

Original Post

Re: I let Origin updated Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition and now the game will not start

★★ Novice

origin.exe >> repair game >> does not work

after new download game from origin.exe >> does not work

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition\bin_ship

>> DAOriginsConfig.exe >> repair >> Shortcut to Desktop >> error -2147024891

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition\bin_ship

>> DAOriginsConfig.exe >> repair >> firewall >> file not found

Screens http://postimg.org/image/el90jmf7j/

http://postimg.org/image/c5775rx4v/

Message 21 of 296 (1,837 Views)

Re: I let Origin updated Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition and now the game will not start

Community Manager

Please just wait until I update the thread. Repairing or reinstalling will not help at the moment.

My colleagues are looking into the issue and I'll give you an update as soon as we get news.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 22 of 296 (1,816 Views)

Re: Been playing DA:O fine for months, today i get the message: "Could not activate".

★★ Novice

same problem with version 1.04 and it worked after the update does not work anymore ..

Message 23 of 296 (1,814 Views)

Re: Been playing DA:O fine for months, today i get the message: "Could not activate".

★★ Novice

I called support and they told me to completely uninstall the game using CCleaner and try to re-download it now and I feel I let you know

Message 24 of 296 (1,786 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think i choose the wrong day to get back in to the game. I just reinstall this game today and got this error. At first i think it's my account problem.I'm looking forward to play this game again if it fixed.

Message 25 of 296 (1,773 Views)

Community Manager

I was able to download an update now that lets me play the game again. Can you try and exit the Origin client then start it and log back in again.

Please let me know what happens for you.

spectre.png
Message 26 of 296 (1,760 Views)

★ Apprentice

There is no update available through Origin for me at the moment.

Message 27 of 296 (1,755 Views)

Community Manager

Ok, thx, will forward this feedback to the team.

spectre.png
Message 28 of 296 (1,750 Views)

★★ Novice

No update on my client either.

Message 29 of 296 (1,744 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Been having the same problem. No udpate yet for me either on Origin, tried multiple times now.

Message 30 of 296 (1,679 Views)