Been playing DA:O fine for months, today i get the message: "Could not activate".

by loodlepro

Original Post

Re: Dragon Age Origins could not activate DisplayName field missing from registry.

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. I've obviously purchased the game (actually before it was even released years ago), and Origin doesn't notice that the game is registered to my account. This is very frustrating, mostly because I hate these types of "gaming hub programs" like Steam and Origin. We just want to play our game!

Message 10 of 296 (4,177 Views)

Re: I let Origin updated Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition and now the game will not start

★ Apprentice

I have the "could not activate DisplayName field missing from registry."  as well, I think everybody does, it happened after the update and EA doesn't seem to know what to do about it for now.

Message 11 of 296 (4,123 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Origins could not activate DisplayName field missing from registry.

★ Apprentice

I've bought the game on Origin, have played over a 100h and then suddenly POOF! I really don't get it honestly.. Steam lets you play offline and it's not like you need connection with EA to play the game other than achievements and the Cloud (if you use it). 

Message 12 of 296 (4,174 Views)

★ Novice

so any solution yet ?

Message 13 of 296 (4,146 Views)

Product key activation after update

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi!

After 500mb update last night Dragon Age Origins:Ultimate Edition asks for activation of product key,

after entering my product key it says "the product key entered cannot be used to activate this game" lower down it says

"If you have already registered please make sure you're signed into same Origin account that you used to activate the game."

but i am already signed into origin client and game will not launch because of activation....

I submitted error report already. <edit for security reasons >

Product code is <edit for security reasons >

Message 14 of 296 (4,134 Views)

★★ Novice

Looks like I'm not the only one who has this issue. I contact an advisor, and they changed the code for me and guess what? It is still down. I'm wondering what is the Anti-piracy measure for? Block the users who purchased it? 

Message 15 of 296 (4,112 Views)

To all who suffer the code issue, do not re-install or repair your game.

★★ Novice

I got this issue today, I asked an advisor and he changed the code but it didn't work. So I tried to repair and re-install this game on my laptop, and it still happened. Then I tried to download the Origin and the game on my Surface. A smartpc I used as an office version which never install the Origin and it didn't work either. So I guess It's not the problem of your PC. It's the problem of the EA's code authentication.

DO NOT WASTE TIME ON RE-DOWNLOADING AND REPAIRING THE GAME, LET'S JUST WAIT THEM TO FIX THE BUG AGE!

Message 16 of 296 (4,103 Views)

Re: Been playing DA:O fine for months, today i get the message: "Could not activate".

Community Manager

The team is aware of this issue and working on a solution. I'll update this thread as soon as we get more information.

Thank you for your patience,

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 18 of 296 (4,081 Views)

Re: I let Origin updated Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition and now the game will not start

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It was like a bad joke. I decided to install DA:UE that day and an hour later after the installation this happend. Amazing, really.

Message 19 of 296 (4,078 Views)

Community Manager

FYI: I merged several threads into one to have all the information around the issue in one place.

This is the error message you probably see. The team is aware of this and investigating.

DAOActivationError.PNG

Please let us know if you see a different error.

Thanks,

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 20 of 296 (4,073 Views)