March 2014 - last edited March 2014
Asks for product key, doesn't recognize the one i've been using for months that came with Ultimate Edition purchased via digital download. Also, none of my DLC has worked ever, in game status :unathorized. Please help fix this
I have patch 1.05 installed, and this is the account it was originally registered to
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thank you for your understanding and patience regarding this issue so far.
First off, a big thank you to TheRipperG for finding the broken path in the registry key!
You can resolve this issue by
If you know your way around the registry well, you could also follow TheRippgerG's advice directly, as specified in his posts on this page (or just click his post to give him some XP).
From our testing, this should resolve the issue for everyone affected.
However, should there still be anyone experiencing issues afterwards, we would ask you to specify what steps you have tried so far and then create a new reply with your Origin Error Report ID as described over here.
As I put in the subject I got pinged via Origin for an update for Dragon Age 1 and after the update I can no longer get into the game. The game was asking for my CD key and then giving an error stating it was invalid. Now the game is grayed out completely so I cannot launch it via Origin. It's issues like this that are the reason I will be avoiding Titanfall and other Origin exclusive games.
Same here. After 11 hours of playing the game just decided to go 'unauthorized' on me. What the..? I paid for it, therefore it's mine. Things like that are the reason I don't usually buy EA games. Got burnt yet again. Thanks, EA. Awesome.
Pretty much what the title says. I re-installed, tried to repair and everything and nothing. Advisor told me to post it here. It asks me to enter a production key as well but of course that doesn't work (cause the code they give never worked in the first place). Either way, I really hope I'm not the only one and that it get's solved cause I've played over 100h on this game and it's one of my favorite ones of ALL time. It still worked on the 17th but like most people, after an update it just starting giving this issue. So, now I don't know really what to do.. I expect EA to solve this since it seems to be a problem more people have.
Hey the Advisor told me to post this so I posted this and they weren't specifically mentioning the DisplayName field that was missing or something.
I'm also having the same issue. Although I'm getting a "could not activate DisplayName field missing from registry."