Re: Been playing DA:O fine for months, today i get the message: "Could not activate".

by driftavalii

Original Post

Re: Been playing DA:O fine for months, today i get the message: "Could not activate".

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

same problem. I reinstalled my Origin and my DA:O and im still having the same problem.  ill so my DA:O Is naw not  showing up in my uninsall or chang a program Panel but my DA2 Works?

Message 131 of 296 (740 Views)

Community Manager

Do you get the error message, when you start the game from the Origin client or from the desktop icon?

Can you try to start the game directly from the DAOriginsLauncher.exe

You should find the EXE in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 132 of 296 (727 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Doesn't matter, same message about reinstalling the game. I really start to wonder if those updates are tested in any way. This is particularly annoying as the game has been working several times before and every time you guys start messing with the Dragon Age files, you first screw up big time and I have to do the work to get things working again. This is the third time I have had issues with this game after Origin decided to "improve" things and I'm starting to get really annoyed with the Origin service.

@hydora, uninstalling from the game dir should still work, afterwards you can reinstall again from Origin and the uninstall option should be back. At least that is the way things worked out for me yesterday when that happened to me. Of course that means downloading 26 gb yet another time.

Message 133 of 296 (714 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi all, i uninstall game, delete that file, and install again from 0. It took some time but I can say it is working, even without manually install 1.05 i game see all my addons Standard smile But one thing. I don't know why, but I can't set language on Polish, as I can before all problems occured.

Message 134 of 296 (703 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Doesn't work for me (yes I have been stupid enough to try again), don't know, maybe it doesn't like being on another drive than the c: or something.

Should the license file come back? Cause it didn't for me.

Message 135 of 296 (681 Views)

★ Apprentice

Also, none of my dazips are functional any more. Seems to have rendered a lot of mods - which are unlikely to be updated - unusable. Nice one, Origin. AGAIN. 

Message 136 of 296 (672 Views)

★ Apprentice

Actually I'd also like to offer some feedback - this fix does not work!

Like the others, I tried it and received a new message: 'There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game.' 

As others have reported, by the way, a cracked .exe file on my legitimately-bought game is currently the only way to get it to work.

Message 137 of 296 (651 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@eaursula wrote:

whippersnapper26: Please uninstall the Origin client (the client, not your games!) and redownload and reinstall it. That fixes most download issues.

!!

Oh dear....  I have a little over 3 hours to go on the game.

What do I do?
If I uninstall & reinstall the Origin client, what happens to the installed game?

Will I have to reinstall the game yet again?

Message 138 of 296 (644 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I will write what i did (I now playing about 3 hours and everything is working perfect):

- install adobe air

- uninstall game (I don't had even reinstall option)

- remove that file mention before

- install again via Origin (i know it download ages)

I started download yeasterday, finish of download and install on 5PM today. I don't know, maybe something was fixed in files before I download all of them, 

PS. Don't watch on time i wrote, it is Polish time, GMT +1 as I remember.

Message 139 of 296 (596 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I uninstalled all my game's and Origin installed adobe air reinstalled origin and my DA:' O.

But im still geting . Game Launch Error. There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game.  Frown

It's still not fixed. hmm it may be Incompatible problem for last up date.

Program Compatibility
Publisher details

Issues found

Detected
Fix application DAOriginsLauncher
Completed
Issues found
Detection details
Incompatible Application
Detected
DAOriginsLauncher is incompatible.
Fix application DAOriginsLauncher
Completed
Provides steps to fix the incompatible application.
CompatMode
CompatMode  
UserVerifySolution

User Verification of Solution Verify_NO

Detection details
Collection information Computer Name: MARK-PC Windows Version:
Architecture:
amd64
Time:
Friday, March 21, 2014 9:49:15 PM
Publisher details
Program Compatibility Make older programs run in this version of Windows. Package Version:
Publisher:
Microsoft Windows
Program Compatibility Make older programs run in this version of Windows. Package Version:
Publisher:
Microsoft Corporation

Message 140 of 296 (580 Views)