Re: Been playing DA:O fine for months, today i get the message: "Could not activate".

by driftavalii

Original Post

Re: Been playing DA:O fine for months, today i get the message: "Could not activate".

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Uhh Download it http://chomikuj.pl/Brodziol/Gry+PC/Dragon+Age/I/DLC/AddIns,327207290.xml and copy to C:\Users\Royalowy\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings  Works for me... now I can play fck Awakening and all DLC works fine.

http://postimg.org/image/8v4gy3m2l/

Boom ... dunno if it will work for everyone else.

Message 111 of 296 (1,103 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I got the game, all DLCs, Awakening, and my game saves working. Try this: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Origins/Dragon-Age-Origins-Update-Issue-Workaround/m-p/2526578#U...

Message 112 of 296 (1,081 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

delete

Message 113 of 296 (1,079 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

after trying to install the new update i got an error...in the end it said i had to reinstall the game

i got the online copy too and found the "repair" button when i right-click on my awakening-addon...waiting now how that repair thing is going

Edit: didn't help...reinstalling it now *sigh* Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 114 of 296 (1,017 Views)

★ Apprentice

For everyone having problems with their DLC when do manage to get into their game, try to patch it to 1.05 again, that's what worked for me as my DLC didn't work as well. Als it's reall a shame that since I went to sleep NOBODY from EA has helped you..

Message 115 of 296 (1,103 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

ok seems I will reinstall. I've uninstalled it Frown

Last time it took over a day to download. I found a trick, but that's still 16hrs at best. That's why I was hoping to resolve this last night. So as to get most if not all of the download out of the way while I snored.

Edit: Looks to be a good 18hrs or so despite my speed-up trick.

Message 116 of 296 (1,084 Views)

★ Apprentice

So much for their 'we'll update you IN THIS THREAD when we can', eh? 

Message 117 of 296 (1,200 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Anyone else getting "game launch error - There is a problem with your game's setup. Please reinstall your game" after having just reinstalled it?

Message 118 of 296 (1,185 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Well Im still downloading and mine says 13.5hrs now, but that varies. This is why I wanted to find out yesterday. So I could do it overnight. I'd be done by now, but as it stands I will be done tommorrow or the day after, as I will pause the download often to use my PC.

Message 119 of 296 (655 Views)

Community Manager

We don't have any updates for you yet, sorry about that! Confusedmileyfrustrated:

As soon as we get any news, we will let you know.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 120 of 296 (651 Views)