Re: Been playing DA:O fine for months, today i get the message: "Could not activate".

by whippersnapper26

Original Post

Re: Been playing DA:O fine for months, today i get the message: "Could not activate".

★★★ Newbie

Just right click on the installed game it should be the 6th or 7th down on the list that pops up

Message 91 of 296 (1,263 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I am in Origin.
I am at my Library.

When I right click on the game pic, I get the following options:

Play

View Game Details

Add to favorites

Customize Box Art

Game Properties

Hide

Uninstall

Message 92 of 296 (1,221 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm sorry dun think I can help you then. I wrote down what happened for me. I wonder why no one from EA hasn't come with any instructions and it seems to work for one but not for the other which is weird.. I do remember however getting a similar error when i had patch 1.05 installed when the issue was still going.. I don't wanna let you uninstall the game without certainty that it'll work so, I hope that someone from EA will come with a more complete and better guide than I can offer..

Message 93 of 296 (1,201 Views)

★★ Apprentice

np. I appreciate your trying to help. I know you're not ea support.

Heck, they should be paying you!

Hmm... I wonder if I don't have the option because I may have fiddled with Origins settings? 

If I remember correctly, I could have sworn I saw a repair option days ago....Maybe my messing with Origins defualt settings got rid of it?

Message 94 of 296 (1,186 Views)

★ Apprentice

Maybe but I wanna tell you that I did manage to solve the issue and somehow don't have a repair or update option anymore either. And I do wonder why.. Since I've used both options a lot while trying to somehow solve the issue while waiting for any update from EA.. 

Message 95 of 296 (1,179 Views)

★★ Apprentice

By searching my HD, I found DAO and clicked a DAO icon. The one that looks like a shield. I got a DAO screen up with the following options:

Configure.................................................Documentation

Support.....................................................Website

Uninstall....................................................Exit

..............................Play.........................................................

When I click configure I get:  Repair as one of the options

However, of the furhter options, 3 are for shortcut creation, 1 for firewall exception, and 1 is Clear Download Cache. None of these seem helpful.

If I click play, I get the same error screen.

Message 96 of 296 (1,379 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I think uninstalling the game is key here.. But like said, I don't want you to get through all of that without being sure it works.. Either way when it was uninstalled the option to repair was there for me, but there's no certainty the same thing would happen for you, as I didn't uninstall it manually but the Wizard uninstalled it for me..

Edit: To prevent spamming, I'm go to hit the hay as it's almost 2AM here, I hope EA will send someone to help you soon so you can play this awesome game again and wish I could've helped you more. Either way good luck!

Message 97 of 296 (1,361 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yea... on a sidenote, I clicked "hide" on my game icon in my library and now I can't "un"-hide my game. Horray!  =/ Edit: Nvm fixed it

Thx for trying mate.

Message 98 of 296 (1,332 Views)

★★ Novice

So now the error is gone, just tells me there is a problem and have to reinstall the game.  Which is a pain in the ass because the download is so large.  Their screw up but have to fix it as opposed to a patch to remove what got jacked up.

Message 99 of 296 (1,286 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I reinstalled and thank god all my saves are still there, cloud or no.

Message 100 of 296 (1,215 Views)