Re: Been playing DA:O fine for months, today i get the message: "Could not activate".

by driftavalii

Original Post

Dragon Age Origins DisplayName error

★★★★ Novice

Hi! My Origin copy of Dragon Age Origins: Ultimate Edition just downloaded and installed a 500+mb update automatically and since then it wont start..... Error message reads"We could not activate DisplayName field missing from registry on this computer.Please locate your product key to activate the game using your Origin Account."....... but im always logged into Origin client and i only have one account. When i put in the product key it says,"...The product key entered cannot be used to activate this game

Message 51 of 296 (1,292 Views)

Re: Dragon Age Origins DisplayName error

★ Apprentice

There's a stickied thread at the top of the forum, something like 'Dragon Age has been fine for months' - It's being regularly updated by EA who are going to tell us there as and when a fix is available Standard smile

Message 52 of 296 (1,289 Views)

Re: Been playing DA:O fine for months, today i get the message: "Could not activate".

★★★★ Novice

hey guys did anyone try a re-install and patch to v1.05.........then when Origin client tries to download new(corky) patch just cancel and play without it..???

Message 53 of 296 (1,406 Views)

★ Apprentice

Doesn't work - once it's borked, it's borked. Trust me, the EA advisor had me trying everything under the sun this morning!

Message 54 of 296 (1,399 Views)

★★★★ Novice

.......also what size is the game files supposed to be(DAO_Ultimate Edition) mine is 28.1gb, thort it was 34gb when it was downloading

Message 55 of 296 (1,397 Views)

★ Apprentice

Like I above, I tried it, but I get an error then and a request to re-install from the game itself, then when I let origin update the game I return to getting the current error, so like said above once it's borked it's borked..

Message 56 of 296 (1,393 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What a pity we cant play it offline without Origin client...............or can we(",)

Message 57 of 296 (1,710 Views)

★★★★ Novice

....bummer!!! i was REALLY gettin into DAO again, started from the very begginning again to build up a stronger character....AWE Man..!!!! so now we just gona have to play ME1,2&3 or Battlefield3&4 Crysis Shift Dead Space Medal of Honor  Kingdoms of Amalour and Mirrors Edge for now

Message 58 of 296 (1,700 Views)

★★ Novice

So....EA is still working on it ?

Message 59 of 296 (1,672 Views)

★★★★ Novice

ja im gona opt for the same thing wit da crack solong...............................

Message 60 of 296 (1,628 Views)