Re: Been playing DA:O fine for months, today i get the message: "Could not activate".

by driftavalii

Original Post

Re: Been playing DA:O fine for months, today i get the message: "Could not activate".

★ Apprentice

Alright, some interesting issue I found that might have already been said but I just wanted to put it here anyway. I had reinstalled the game earlier and thought maybe updating the game to patch 1.05 would help since it resolves a CD-Code issue. However starting the game then give you an error asking you to restart the game. Then when I update the game through Origin it starts probably the update we all got earlier and installs something, giving the Activation error we all have now. 

Message 41 of 296 (2,111 Views)

★ Apprentice

The 1.05 patch from Bioware's site works fine and fixes the authorisation issue. The update from Origin last night - which people received regardless of being already patched to 1.05 or not - was the one that borked things. 

They're working hard on a fix now, so fingers crossed it'll be sorted soon.

Message 42 of 296 (2,095 Views)

★★★ Novice

Some time ago I bought DA Origin and Awakening separately. Yesterday Awakening DLC disappeared from MY GAMES. And now when I go in DA Game Details.. yea Awakening DLC is there but only to buying?! WTF where is my DLC? Then ...i think ...nahh, I need just buy it again, it's only 4€... And funny story... after all... DLC is not activated in game at all.. =/

Sorry for my bad english... I never had any english lessons :robotembarrassed:

Message 43 of 296 (2,042 Views)

★ Apprentice

There's something up with activation protocol since yesterday's patch. Did you install the origin update yesterday?

Message 44 of 296 (2,035 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

I think that's side-effect of the issue, royalow. I had that with prior builds too. I could buy Awakening on the game detail page (which of course I did not!), but when I opened the game it already was installed and I could start it in "Other Campaigns."

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 45 of 296 (2,029 Views)

Cannot activate game or enter Product Key for Dragon Age Origins.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I put in my Product Key for the Ultimate Edition of Dragon Age Origins. It says I'm good, I start to download. I fully download the game, all good. I download all of the DLC, I'm good.

I launch the game, and...

"We could not activate DisplayName field missing from registry, on this computer using the Origin account you provided. Please locate your product key to activate the game using your Origin account."

*eye twitches*

Okay... [Enter Product Key] button pressed, and...

"We're sorry, an error has occurred.

We've noticed your computer is currently offline. To activate your game on this computer using your Origin account, you'll need to connect to the Internet."

What. The. [Enter Expletive Here].

I press [Retry]. Been waiting for 22 minutes only to see it tell me, as I'm watching a Live stream, finishing up a game of LoL, looking for answers to this problem online, and downloading a game off Steam, that I am still not connected to the Internet.

Anyone able to help, or do I have to Live Chat this?

Message 46 of 296 (1,736 Views)

★★ Novice

ok also eliminating all the game files from the PC and then installing it again does not work, we just have to wait for EA to solveConfusedmileysad:

Message 47 of 296 (1,970 Views)

Re: Cannot activate game or enter Product Key for Dragon Age Origins.

Community Manager

HI, this is a known issue and we are working on a resolution. Sorry for the inconvenience caused in the meantime.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 48 of 296 (1,732 Views)

★★ Novice

Alright, just lemme know when it's fixed. I'm literally refreshing this page every five minutes with an AngryJoe "You dun f*cked it up" face right now.

Message 49 of 296 (1,726 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

It will be fixed eventually.  Nothing in here on Answers HQ will aftect the rapidity of the repair.  This is only a forum for discuusion between game players.  We have no pipeline from here to any other part of the EA web presence. 

Message 50 of 296 (1,718 Views)