Re: Awakening: Siege of Vigil's Keep quest bug

by TaskForce2_76qk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Awakening: Siege of Vigil's Keep quest bug

★ Novice

Hello! My game is bugged in this quest. It's the part where the "children" are coming over the eastern wall.  The journal reads:

"Slay the children near the eastern wall."

I do so, they stop spawning, and nothing happens. The quest doesn't progress and I'm stuck.  I run around looking for more spawns but there are none.

Playing on PC, haven't had any bugs before this...

Anyone got a pro tip?

Message 1 of 5 (11,410 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

If none of the "children" is stuck somewhere in a wall, you might need to load a previous save.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (12,569 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

If none of the "children" is stuck somewhere in a wall, you might need to load a previous save.

Message 2 of 5 (12,570 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I had this same problem as well, and reloading an old save didn't change anything.  After much hair-pulling and trial-and-error, I figured out how to move past this particular glitch:

Activate console commands ( http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Console_(Origins) ) and type "runscript zz_vgk_debug".  A dialogue menu will pop up.  Select the following:

1 - Jump to location

3 - VGK Siege

1 - VGK400 Siege

2 - Plot jump

5 - More

2 - Final battle

Immediately talk to Captain Garevel; the cutscene that SHOULD have triggered after you killed the Children should trigger now.  Then kill the new darkspawn, and continue the battle as normal.  Things might happen a little out of order, and you might have to run back and forth from the courtyard and front gates a couple of times, but this is the only fix I could find that works.  I hope this helps!

Message 3 of 5 (10,831 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just used this, and for my bug I had to jump to the plot right before the ogres, it says it in the menu. I didn't think to get screenshots, and my computer sucks at in game ones anyways.... It was a bit disorientating, but it did work and allowed me to continue and finish awakening. Hope it helps.

Message 4 of 5 (5,294 Views)

★ Novice

What worked for me is go back to where the first attack came from, walk towards where they spawned in from, the big gateway into the area, and you will see some NPCs fighting at the doorway, if you get close enough, you can kind of make out the last target, if you have survival high enough, they will show up as a red arrow on your minimap, if not, just pan the cursor past the gateway till you get the attack cursor. then you know the location, call in catapaults and archers in that area till that thing is dead, you can also use your own abilities like crushing prison and swarm if youre a mage.

Message 5 of 5 (4,002 Views)