Attempting to install on Windows 8

by zhixuan93

Original Post

Attempting to install on Windows 8

★★★ Newbie

Greetings.

I'm attempting to install Dragon Age Origins on my PC, which runs on Windows 8. When I put the disc in my disc drive, an LG blu-ray drive, it attempts to read, but never loads. I've installed older games using this same drive on the same OS before, but it just will not recognize my game. Any tips/help/advice? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 5 (807 Views)

Re: Attempting to install on Windows 8

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

See if you can create a new folder named Install-Bioware, then copy everything, exactly as it's stored on the DVD, into the folder.  You may be able to run the install from the hard drive. 

Message 2 of 5 (804 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Don't think a Mass Effect folder is needed for Dragon Age: Origins. Confusedmileytongue:

That said, I've installed DA: O (both from retail disc and from the EA/Origin client) on my Win8 rig.  Didn't use the Blu-Ray drive, however, just my DVD/CD burner. 

Maybe something about the disc itself is causing the problem?  Can you view the disc contents using File Explorer?  Can any other machine read the disc?

Message 3 of 5 (796 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I haven't tried it in another drive, but the disc won't read in the drive. I'll see if I have a standard disc drive anywhere I guess.
Message 4 of 5 (792 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@ThandalNLyman wrote:

Don't think a Mass Effect folder is needed for Dragon Age: Origins. Confusedmileytongue:

Didn't use the Blu-Ray drive, however, just my DVD/CD burner. 

Can't even use the excuse of being sleepy, I don't think ! 

(Edited now, to a generic version).

Message 5 of 5 (786 Views)