Re: Arl of Redcliffe Stuck after Demon Fight

by ThandalNLyman

Original Post

Arl of Redcliffe Stuck after Demon Fight

★★★ Newbie

So I was doing the Arl of Redcliffe quest, and I was at the end of the part in the Fade when you confront the Demon. So far I've played through it as Jowan, Wynne and Irving, but when I defeat the demon at the end and enter the loading screen, the game just crashes. I've tried  a multitude of things, I've played through as different characters, I've disabled my mods, I even uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but still, nothing it just keeps on crashing. I know people have fixed it by doing these things, but I just can't seem to get it to work, which is frustrating. Are there any other options I can try?

Message 1 of 3 (914 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@JonLeprotto; It's not clear if the list of things you gave is all of the "multitude of things" you've tried, so it's hard for us to know what "other options" to suggest.

But one thing that's worked for others with similar issues is lowering the graphics to the minimum and/or playing in Windowed Mode.

Message 2 of 3 (894 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I've the exactly same problem.
I've disabled all my addons, lowing graphics, using a boost for play the .exe with 4 gb ram (which fix a lot of crashes but not this one), reinstalled the game and playing without full screen but it's seems nothing works. Game keep crashing after killing the Demon in fade (redcliff). Anyone found a solution?

Message 3 of 3 (657 Views)