Re: where can I find instructions on how to play DA Inquisition? Manual useless.

by Leora85

Original Post

where can I find instructions on how to play DA Inquisition? Manual useless.

★★★★ Novice

Having played through all prior versions of Dragon Age, I am stymied with Inquisition. Totally different controls, maps, etc and no tutorial or useful manual to learn how to control characters, combat, quests, etc. Any suggestions of sites or ways of learning the mechanics of this game?

Message 1 of 3 (240 Views)

Re: where can I find instructions on how to play DA Inquisition? Manual useless.

[ Edited ]

It would be good to know on which platform you're playing?

You can find all the manuals at the bottom of this page. and here is a Help guide.

Or did you mean that you find the manual useless per se?

If so Google for "Dragon Age Inquisition Strategy Guide" you will find plenty of sides with good guides. 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 2 of 3 (233 Views)

Hero

@Sotetkriss The game has short tutorial style sections as you play the prologue, this explains (and makes you demonstrate) how to move, use tactical mode, combat, etc. With the different engine, the controls etc. are very different from the previous games in the series (I found it difficult at first to get out of the habit of running around using just the mouse, now when I go back to play the previous games I find it difficult to get out of the habit of trying to jump everywhere, which just results in a lot of pausing in those games Tongue out ).

Once you get used to it, you hopefully won't find it too difficult to get around. Standard smile And don't forget you can change your key bindings if you want to (on PC, no idea about consoles).

Also, if you're used to the previous games, I'd suggest playing a ranged character (mage or archer) for your first playthrough, makes the combat easier to get used to (or that might just be me, I'm so bad at aiming my melee attacks Tongue out ).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 3 (204 Views)