Re: 'stacks of elusive'..how to stop it!?

by marylynnmarsh

Original Post

'stacks of elusive'..how to stop it!?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi! all

k so anyone know how to get rid of these 'stacks of elusive' (that purple 'icon-with-a-blue-mouth-covered-head' ability at the bottom centre of the screen) !?...i have changed companions (coz i think varric's toxic cloud gives those stacks, unless its some other 'stack' ability') and changed locations and my inquisitor isnt having any ability that stacks elusive yet i have 3 stacks of elusive that just wont go away (even in skyhold it stay on apparently...)!?!...whats weird is that i searched DAI elusive, DAI stack of elusive, etc words on google but apparently theres no wiki or any thing on this elusive thingy that comes via the dlc Frown

HELP!!....that buzzing sound is killing me Teeth bared

thx

http://postimg.org/image/ebzjocnsp/

--Edit--

i just restarted DAI and the ability still is active apparently..even as i havent equipped any ability that gives me that purple icon on bottom center (again..not that i know of..) and im in skyhold...what do i do!?

--Edit--

SOLVED. Standard smile

Message 1 of 6 (8,045 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

"Solved"

How???

@AnaGar-11 (hopefully this will get the OPs attention Wink )

Message 2 of 6 (7,931 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Sarezar I know you can prevent getting the stacks in the first place by setting up the poison cloud (in the rogue sabotage tree) to either have no upgrade or to have the 'contact poison' upgrade. The 'lost in the mist' upgrade (which came with Trespasser) is what gives the stacks of elusive. For some people it's not an issue, but others have the bug where the elusive just.. doesn't go away.

As for getting rid of it. I've seen some users post that killing their character (dying in combat, not by jumping off a cliff) has gotten rid of the elusive effects. Not really an optimal solution, but... it worked for some? I think it is supposed to get taken off when your character (or any character with the buff) gets hit, so perhaps that's a less drastic thing to try first Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 6 (7,916 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi! sorry...wasnt paying attention to this thread since i mentioned it solved...sry! Standard smile

as @Leora85 stated in their post...thats what was happening with me..it just wouldnt go away for the life of me and the buzz was way more than annoying to hear for long periods of time both in skyhold or on any other location...later on (also stated by @Leora85) i had turned the friendly fire back on for a few minutes which made the ability end with my char dying (but unlike what @Leora85 said about the getting hit part...i had to go into combat and die to get it removed but i was like "i cant keep doing that!!")... anywho, so after further googling abt it i concluded that its best not to invest any points in that very ability (both, passive and active ones)..its not even that good of an ability anyway tbh..

Message 4 of 6 (7,896 Views)

Hero

Thanks for coming back to help others out, @AnaGar-11 Standard smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 6 (7,878 Views)

★ Novice

For anyone still playing DA:I, note that you don't have to die to make this go away. I removed my armor and accessories, went solo to Storm Coast, and let an enemy hit me a couple times before running away. Buff gone.7

Message 6 of 6 (3,104 Views)