Re: solas artifact in exalted plains in Riel area

by superag1

Original Post

solas artifact in exalted plains in Riel area

★ Novice

There appears to be a Solas artifact in the Riel mountain area behind the Victory fort / encampment.   I can climb up very close to the ledge where the artifact and loot are, but can't  quite get there.  Is there a back entrance I'm not seeing, or a way to get above it and drop down?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 13 (2,395 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Could you show the screenshot of the location please? As far as I know the only Elven artifact in Exalted Plains is next to the 'Offering to the Dread Wolf' landmark near the northern edge of the area, which is nowhere near Riel... unless you mean the skull, which is in Riel. If that's the case, then jump on the rock here, pretty much exactly to the north from the skull:DragonAgeInquisition 2015-05-26 10-30-08-118.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 2 of 13 (2,380 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks .... I have tried to take a screenshot, but it when I paste it into Paint, it just comes out black.  Is there a setting on Dragon Age that I need to fix?

Message 3 of 13 (2,372 Views)

★ Novice

Never mind previous reply.....  figured it out.   But I don't see a way to attach the screenshot to  a message.  I tried Ctrl C and Ctrl V and that doesn't work.  I have the screenshot as file on my desktop

Message 4 of 13 (2,368 Views)

Hero (Retired)
You can upload it to Imgur and post the link here. Should work just fine.
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 5 of 13 (2,357 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks!      As you will see,  there is a landing in the mountain area that looks like fingers stretching to the sky. I believe it is behind the Victory camp. On the landing you can see a chest to the left, what appears to be a Solas artifact in the middle and a tent / campfire behind.  But I can't quite jump over there.

http://imgur.com/49KRcZf

Message 6 of 13 (2,332 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I was there and that artifact is a statue that can't be interacted.

Message 7 of 13 (2,325 Views)

Hero (Retired)
That's good to know... I'll have a look anyway, just because I somehow managed to miss that location.

Also, @superag1, sometimes if you can't jump on the ledge you can try jumping when on your mount - it allows you to jump on some ledge that can't really be accessed while you're on foot.

Message 8 of 13 (2,319 Views)

★ Novice

Good tip about the mounts  .....

I actually managed to get to the ledge by using the rocky incline to the left of where I am standing.  It's a very narrow route you can traverse, and I used my thief with the highest dexterity (not sure if that mattered).   Anyway I got there but could not get the device to activate. Maybe because I have finished the game and am just looking for artifacts / collectibles I didn't find before.

Message 9 of 13 (2,307 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I reached that statue before atacking warden castle, so all other artifacts are usable.

Message 10 of 13 (2,300 Views)