Re: "we're unable to connect to ea servers to activate dragon age inquisiti

by NikitaDarkstar

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

After wasting countless hours today trying to get this pos piece of software to run, I was told I must wait 24 hours from now to activate the software. I was informed that I was at my "activation limit" and that no one could fix that. I requested to speak to a supervisor and was told the same thing by them. At that point I requested a refund, and filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau detailing the process that I had gone through. 

They have made no announcement explaining what is going on, and continue to sell a product that may or may not work because of their activation issues. I'm sad to say, no Dragon Age Inquisition for me. Which was the last IP I would purchase from bioware as long as they are an EA entity. Hopefully yall have more luck than I did.

Message 781 of 929 (774 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just bought the game after trying it out with a pirated copy first (sorry but after ME3? Yes I'm still sore there....) and what do I get? More trouble from the legit, deluxe version than I got from the pirated version.

Nice going there. Anyway, count me as another person with the "Unable to connect to EA servers to activate Dragon Age Inqusition" BS problem.

Message 782 of 929 (737 Views)

★★ Novice

its one thing after another with this im getting really tierd of it i jest want to finish my game in peace i dont have alot of time for the down time i keep experiancing this is really starting to get old 

Message 783 of 929 (719 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

anyone knows if they actually doing anything about this issue? (PC)

Message 784 of 929 (690 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Supposedly they are. I don't see any improvement or an official statement though. I'm not even sure if theres even people working over at EA. I have a sneaking suspicion  they've all gone on vacation and left the monkeys in charge. Thats the only reason SOME of the games are even working, I'm guessing. 

I've always wondered how a big **bleep** company like EA could even grab a 'worst company award'. Well, now I know.

Message 785 of 929 (671 Views)

★★★ Novice

@BinariMasta:

Thank you so much, your solution worked for me, although i wasn't expecting it to work at all, after trying everything and getting in contact with the support several times.

At last i can play this damn game. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 786 of 929 (662 Views)

★★★ Novice

Has anyone had any luck solving this issue yet? I bought the game yesterday and I am still having this problem. I spoke with someone using the Live Chat support and they just gave me generic work arounds that didn't work at all.  EA also doesn't seem to have phone support in Canada which is kind of annoying.

Is general consensus that it is an issue with their Activation Servers?

Message 787 of 929 (633 Views)

★★★ Novice

This is NOT fixed. I've tried every solution that's been posted and I still can't play the game I paid for.

Message 788 of 929 (560 Views)

★★★ Novice

@paulatreides79 

I'm glad it worked for you brotha! Yeah, I was pretty doubtful as he was walking me through it too , lol. 

Message 789 of 929 (525 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm unable to start playing the Digital Deluxe Edition of DA:I that I purchased almost a day ago because of this problem (unable to access servers to activate the game). I've tried every suggestion in this thread to no avail.

On December 10th, EA_Nils mentioned that the activation servers were down. Then on the 11th, EA_ David suggested that the issue was resolved. More than two weeks later, it seems that plenty of people have a similar or identical problem. Can we please have a status update?

Message 790 of 929 (513 Views)