Re: "we're unable to connect to ea servers to activate dragon age inquisiti

by GeneralFuria85

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"we're unable to connect to ea servers to activate dragon age inquisition"

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Update 2 (via EA_Nils): As many of you noticed, we just experienced an outage with our activation servers, starting at around 6:00 AM GMT, 10th Dec.

We have just implemented a fix that should help alleviate the issue. If you are still encountering activation errors, please attempt to exit the Origin Client completely and then start it up and login again.

We appreciate all the help with the Origin Error Report IDs and would like to thank you for your understanding. 

Update (via EA_David): Mirroring the below for visibility:

EA_David wrote:

UPDATE: We have reports that the activation issues are resolved. If the issue persists for you, please try restarting Origin and check again. 

So I've already played Dragon Age Inquisition for about 47 hours. Today I decided to install a new video card. As soon as I tried to load DA:I i got the error message "we're unable to connect to ea servers to activate dragon age inquisition" despite the fact that game is already active and I played for several days already. My connection is fine and all my other origin games work. From what I've heard this is an issue with DRM. Lots of people have said even uninstallation doesn't do this. I really don't like the idea that my game is bricked because I, a paying customer, decided to upgrade my PC. Is anybody having a similar issue or knows a work around? Thanks.

Edit: I'd also like to note that I've already tried both repairing and reinstalling.

Message 1 of 929 (30,312 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hello everyone,

As many of you noticed, we just experienced an outage with our activation servers, starting at around 6:00 GMT.

We have just implemented a fix that should help alleviate the issues. If you are still encountering errors, please attempt to exit the Origin Client completely and then start it up and login again.

We appreciate all the help with the Origin Error Report IDs and we would like to thank you for your understanding.

Cheers,

Nils

Noted: This post has been temporarily marked as solution with the sole purpose of increasing its visibility.

View in thread

Message 583 of 929 (7,832 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Same issue here, I replaced my GPU Drivers, and rebooted, launching Origin it patched and now I get the Same Message! WTF! I would also like to add I uninstalled, re-installed DAI, I un-installed Origin and re-installed Origin, to no avail, I have played 47 hours, this is benining to erk me, I don't get much time to play, so when this cvrap happes it just isn't right!

Message 2 of 929 (29,960 Views)

★★ Novice

Issue as well. 

I didn't upgrade graphic card drivers or anything, but EA Origins had to run an update. DAI didn't boot after that anymore so I decided to reinstall it. Now got the same issue as you are having.

Message 3 of 929 (29,951 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just bought the game and am having the same issue, no idea what is going on, but I am sure that it isn't just conicidence we are all expeirencing it at the same time. I haven't upgraded or changed any component of my computer and yet here I am.

Message 4 of 929 (29,866 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I haven't booted the game even once. I got home tonight and installed it, and the game just gives me that error.

Message 5 of 929 (29,861 Views)

★★★ Newbie

**bleep** EA what do you expect they want you to buy **bleep**, but they won't work on it just like a pizza without toppings 

Message 6 of 929 (29,840 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

Same problem, I had to format my pc after a directx error caused the game unusable leave my drivers and reinstall the game, this error appears.

Message 7 of 929 (29,806 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue, and I don't upgraded my gpu or any component. 30 hours of playing. It's like an EA problem.

Message 8 of 929 (29,794 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Don't think its just an Origin issue, sounds like its the actual EA servers. As DA: I was installing on my new hard drive I was playing around with the Dragon Age Keep and left it idle for several minutes. When I came back to the website it was back at the log in screen and was giving me a message about technical difficulties, please try again later. If its not just a server technical issues then maybe its a DDoS attack again like the other day.

Message 9 of 929 (29,787 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. I played it offline as I brought my laptop to a place where there's no wifi.

Today I d/l the origin update patch and after installing it, my DA just refuse to start and keep saying unable to connect to EA server to activate it. It doesn't work even if I disalbe Origin or try to play it with Origin offline.

Must be something wrong with the update patch. EA pls do not release a patch if it cause more harm than good... =P

Message 10 of 929 (29,728 Views)