Re: "Unable to load save because of missing DLC" Steam pc

by jhg1818

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Unable to load save because of missing DLC" Steam pc

★ Novice

Good day. I have recently played DA:Inquisition through EA play subscription on Steam and when it expired bought the game itself. However, when I try to load my save file now t gives an error saying: "unable to load save because of missing DLC'' (Instead of DLC there are DLC names). This is strange, as I played the same version of the game with all DLC and bought the same version with the same DLC (DA:Inquisition game of the year edition), yet it does not seem to recognize them now. Are there any solutions to this bug? I don't want to lose 58 hours of progress.

Message 1 of 5 (929 Views)

Accepted Solution

On the Steam homepage for the game in your Library, on the right hand side does it list anything about managing your DLC in one of the boxes??  I know for some games it does, and I don't know if DAI is one.  If it does, what is listed there and what happens when you click on that box??

Also, can you see DAI in the Origin app, and in it's home page does it allow you to open it and look at additional content page just below the play button and cog icons.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (904 Views)

All Replies

On the Steam homepage for the game in your Library, on the right hand side does it list anything about managing your DLC in one of the boxes??  I know for some games it does, and I don't know if DAI is one.  If it does, what is listed there and what happens when you click on that box??

Also, can you see DAI in the Origin app, and in it's home page does it allow you to open it and look at additional content page just below the play button and cog icons.....

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 5 (905 Views)

★ Novice

On Steam, it does allow me to manage DLC and it also has all the boxes ticked, so I guess I have all the DLC enabled. Tried to redownload them as well, to no avail, unfortunately.
On Origin it says "You have this content availaible from Steam. Download it on Steam to add to your game" for every DLC. Is that supposed to be like that?

Message 3 of 5 (893 Views)

★ Novice

With a bit of meddling, it seems I just needed to press repair button on Origin for it to confirm I have the DLC installed on Steam and the saves loaded afterwards.Thank you for your help!

Message 4 of 5 (886 Views)

★★★ Newbie

did you solve this problem? I'm in the same situation, please let me know 

Message 5 of 5 (703 Views)