"Lay Rest the Eastern Ramparts" Bugged

by MGreyson

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Lay Rest the Eastern Ramparts" Bugged

★★★ Novice

When attempting to complete "Lay Rest the Eastern Ramparts" in the Exalted Plains, I find the pile of bodies, kill me mini-boss out front, but the barrier doesn't go down. I have saved and reloaded before and after killing the boss, restarted the game, and returned and killed the mini-boss 4 times, with no change.

Message 1 of 10 (24,000 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Lay Rest the Eastern Ramparts" Bugged

★★★ Newbie
You have to make sure your in the right spot. Stand with your back to the small tower and use lightning

View in thread

Message 3 of 10 (26,524 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Have you used lightning magic on it? I had to encircle it before it prompted me to use lightning since it's a 'spirit barrier.' Before I tried fire, thinking it was water, but lightning did work.

Message 2 of 10 (23,894 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You have to make sure your in the right spot. Stand with your back to the small tower and use lightning
Message 3 of 10 (26,525 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I had the same problem. It's like I have to do a separte new save other than my quick save every 2 min or I'm going to get screwed by some game breaking bug.  In my case I had Dorian with the spirit mark set to preferred and I would let him auto attack the barrier.  The barrier explodes then respawns with the spirt mark friendly green health bar becoming indestructible even after the ability runs out. GG EA.

Message 4 of 10 (23,476 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here.. barrier with spirit mark that wont go away.. have you solved it somehow?

Thank you

Message 5 of 10 (22,840 Views)

★★★ Novice

After many times of slamming my head against this, I now feel a bit dumb. The attackable side is the side OPPOSITE where the fight takes place. It's a little counter-intuitive, especially since it is the only one that works that way but there you go.

Message 6 of 10 (22,827 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
I found a way to destroy the barrier.
Turn on friendly fire and use an aoe spell or ability
Message 7 of 10 (22,638 Views)

★★★ Novice

This game is a fracking joke in regards to developement and QC, you end up battling more bugs than mobs. I've spent 3 hrs trying to kill the barrier on this quest with 3 mages, and still it stands. Also tried relogging, reloading the fight wiith the same result.

Thats me done with EA and bioware games, i was unsure wether to get this game after Mass Effect 3 bs, now i wish i hadn't.

Message 8 of 10 (22,012 Views)

★★ Novice
You just need a mage with an electric staff, no electric abilities needed
Message 9 of 10 (18,811 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Three years with three different playthrus and I finally realized you have to attack the barriers from a particular "side" and this barrier put said side on the far, counter-intuitive side. 

Message 10 of 10 (10,904 Views)