"From the Ashes" voice/dialogue gamebreaking glitch

by EpicKiu

Original Post

"From the Ashes" voice/dialogue gamebreaking glitch

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
Um, hello! I' ex been trying to complete the quest "From the Ashes" and everything was going well until my character started to speak with the other voice option (I choose the "British" voice at the beginning of the game but after customizing Hawke she uses the "American" voice) and at first I thought it was just a small bug that would go away if I talked to the companions. Then I found I was stuck in this glitch I had seen before where when you talk to an important npc (like Josephine or Solas) and they talk but the quest reminder in the corner doesn't go away and the dialogue wheel doesn't pop up.

Thankfully it also makes it possible for me to open the menu and do a quick restart (which usually solves the aforementioned dialogue wheel glitch) by loading a save BEFORE I talk to Varric about Hawke. But nothing's changed. I've tried this several times, before and after completing "wicked hearts, wicked eyes" including just closing and rerunning Inquisition and nothing is working.

Edit: I restarted my computer, again. This time The dialogue wheel pooped back up, but my charcter's voice is still set to the "American" voice option. It'so not game breaking anymore but I would like a solution on how to switch the voices back.
Edit2: I tired the conversation, yet again, but didn't customize Hawke this time and my qunquisitor's voice stayed the same. I'm a little peeved at the inability to customize my Hawke or else have a totally different voice for my inquisitor, but it is not as bad and only a matter of aesthetics.
Message 1 of 9 (1,521 Views)

Re: "From the Ashes" voice/dialogue gamebreaking glitch

★★★ Apprentice

Same issue here I want to use my custom Hawke but it's a pain that the game swtiches the voice to the horrid second voice.  I'm almost in mind not to play till I know this is fixed

Message 2 of 9 (1,395 Views)

★★★ Newbie

SAME! Bioware needs to fix now! Not playing this game till they fix!

Message 3 of 9 (972 Views)

★★★ Newbie

While the voice change is annoying, it's a small concern.  Later in the game I'm trying to help Hawke and Logain save the Grey Wardens and just about every other conversation bit is glitching and freezing up.  For the most part I can skip some bits and actually get into the first fight.  After that it does it again, and this time it freezes completely and I can't proceed at all.

Bioware really needs to fix this problem, as now I can't even play my game as it is.  My last save is right as the fight is starting and there's no way to avoid it.  i.e. I'm stuck.

Message 4 of 9 (962 Views)

★★★ Novice

I cant even get the quest to advance! I talk to varric, it has me select either default or custom hawk. If i pick default it crashes to desktop everytime, if i select custom it just does nothing and doesnt allow me to talk to varric or progress at all. Is there no fix or workaround for this? We definitley need a fix to this asap.

Message 5 of 9 (873 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Turin, i have this same issue and it's annyoing Frown

Message 6 of 9 (813 Views)

★ Novice

I had the opposite happen - I had the "American" voice chosen and now she's speaking in the British voice. I already played through as male and that did not happen with on human male mage. Female elven archer rogue is what I'm playing now and suddenly she's speaking in the other voice. I had just gotten used to the American voice being "her" voice too.

Message 7 of 9 (802 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there anyway to import your Hawke from previous games or do you have to customize them?

Also getting the same voice glitch as everyone is saying.  I am just going to be upset if it doesn't import my Hawke as he was.  Had the same issue with Mass Effect 2 character goign to Mass Effect 3 character, had to recreate them and the import didn't work.

Message 8 of 9 (794 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the exact same problem. default causes CTD and custom does nothing.

Message 9 of 9 (708 Views)