Re: [pc] infinite pre-menu loading screen

by Artiniest

Original Post

[pc] infinite pre-menu loading screen

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

issue is different from the blackscreen thread, though i've seen users report same problem in that thread.

the game opens to the first loading screen, all black with the green flashing inquisition logo at the bottom right and da style cursor, and logo just flashes forever, doesn't progress past this screen (i've left it on for several hours at a time). never get any crashes to desktop or error messages, but as soon as it starts up i cant close it and have to end task from task manager, program is not responding. 

fixes i've attempted:

• run inquisition as admin, run origin as admin
  • disable origin in game, disable in game overlays
  • updated gpu drivers
  • reinstalled .net framework
  • reinstalled Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package (x64) 
  • alt-enter into windowed mode
  • force game to launch in windowed mode
  • set affinity -> disabled one cpu, disabled two/three cpus

DXDIAG: http://hastebin.com/jumopesuru.tex

not sure if there's a fix i'm missing.

i'm (trying to) play on my brother's pc, i installed the game to his hard disk and i'm getting these issues. however, i previously played successfully from an SSD on my pc (which i dont have access to anymore). running the game from my ssd connected to brother's pc gives the exact same issue as running the one on the hard disk. 

further question, when/if i can get the game to run, is there a way to change the origin run path to run the game from ssd instead of from harddrive, without uninstalling the hard drive version? 

Message 1 of 2 (280 Views)

Re: [pc] infinite pre-menu loading screen

★★★ Newbie

Same here. It's frustrating not to find any answers or help anywhere. Did you initially get the game working?

Message 2 of 2 (212 Views)