msvcp110 'missing'

by Kadian1

Original Post

Re: msvcp110 'missing'

★★★★★ Novice

Hello everyone!

First of all, @mlleyr, thanks for the guide, it really helped! However, I'd like to add a few words:

That first step was useful, but in my case it wasn't quite enough.

@mlleyr wrote:

Hello guys.

Managed to start the game.

Steps taken to fix (not sure if all are required, starting from most possible fix):

1. Copy MSVCP110.DLL and MSVCR110.DLL from "\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\Core\" to "\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\". Those DLLs should be in the same folder as DragonAgeInquisition.exe file. Try to launch the game. If doesn't work, check next point.

For me, the next step was to copy the same DLLs (actually, all four of those - MSVCP110.DLL, MSVCR110.DLL, MSVCP100.DLL and MSVCR100.DLL) to "\Program Files (x86)\Origin", same folder as Origin.exe file. Then you might try to launch that file. The Origin might try to download the update. If it works - great, if it doesn't, proceed to the next step.
Step 3 was to copy those same four DLLs to the system folder, though I didn't have to edit the registry, probably the program doesn't try to launch the libraries from that folder, it just checks thei ravailability. Then try to run Origin.exe again. It should wok now, maybe after an update, though.
I really hope this would be helpful, if only a little Embarrassed
Message 11 of 17 (1,846 Views)

★★★★ Novice

First step worked for me as well. Thank you!

Message 12 of 17 (1,764 Views)

★★★ Novice
The First one works! Thx!!!
Message 13 of 17 (1,627 Views)

★★ Novice
@mlleyr thank you savior! 1st step worked for me.
Message 14 of 17 (1,497 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You're the best, dude. Step 1 worked like a charm. Standard smile

Message 15 of 17 (1,261 Views)

★★★ Newbie

As someone struggling with this exact issue in 2022 and having spent several hours... this finally worked lol. Thank you

Message 16 of 17 (897 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Dragon Age: Inquisition, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 17 of 17 (831 Views)