Re: keyboard not working and stuff

by Giggle_Physics

Original Post

★★★ Novice
I am not on a laptop btw I am on a PC but the keyboard does not work anywhere in game. I will try the DxDiag file.
Message 11 of 25 (1,624 Views)

★★★ Novice
And did you want me to post the DxDiag file here or somewhere else?
Message 12 of 25 (1,619 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Here.

Message 13 of 25 (1,609 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've never don a DxDiag before, tell me if its the wrong one.

Message 14 of 25 (1,601 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Giggle_Physics; Report posted just fine.  Usual suspects are absent.  I didn't recognize the Astro 50 Headset, so I looked it up.  (Sweet!)  Some peripherals (Razer keyboards, Steelseries mice, Logitech headsets) have been known to cause problems, but those are usually of the "game won't start" variety.   Also, it's the software associated with them that's the real issue.

Have you tried using a completely different keyboard, just to rule out the specific one current hooked to your rig?

[EDIT:  Also, just to cover the bases, you are absolutely certain you haven't pressed the " ` " key and accidentally enabled the Developer Console, right?  'Cuz that disables the all movement and game actions via the keyboard.]

Message 15 of 25 (1,573 Views)

★★★ Novice
no i haven't pressed the "`" key
Message 16 of 25 (1,556 Views)

★★★ Novice
I fixed it! I was running the game trying to see if anything was weird, as a last ditch effort, when i noticed that I had my discord overlay on. When the game started up the overlay was on with a couple friends in the discord, but I wasn't in a discord at the time. So i went to discord and turned off the overlay and the game started to work again! Thank you guys for all your help.
Message 17 of 25 (12,671 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Ahhh... Good to know.  I'll add the Discord client to the list of "usual suspects".  ("TeamViewer" also prevents the game from working properly.)

Glad you got things sorted.

Message 18 of 25 (1,543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem on FIFA16 PC 

was working alright, but the last time i tried keyboard didnt work at all! 

i have read all possible solutions and comments..nothing working for me yet!

There is no DISCORD thing on fifa 16...

i have also tried various keyboards and i have no Controller plugged in.

i thing this is something global and EAS and Origin need to fix it ASAP

Message 19 of 25 (1,199 Views)

@farshad_vcf_71

Please read the thread again......the most common cause of this is program interference.  In this thread alone there are 2 programs listed that can cause this, and by no means does this mean that they are the ONLY ones to cause this. 

Now your discussion is about Fifa 16 PC, and this is a forum about Dragon Age Inquistion.  But to say that this is a "global" issue with EA games, when previous people IN THIS THREAD state they fixed their issue by getting rid of interfering programs by other companies, is wrong.  I would suggest you take your complaint to the Fifa forums and see if someone there has an idea that could help.  I would start by looking at all the programs running on your machine that hook into other running games/programs, such as Discord, Teamspeak, some chat programs, some emoji programs and anything else that could effect this....maybe starting with clean boot of your system to see if it helps.  Also how many other people have posted this issue up in Fifa forums, or even this one??  Not many that I can see, so it is most likely a combination of programs on your machine more than a "global issue" that EA must deal with.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 20 of 25 (1,179 Views)