keyboard not working and stuff

by benjaminbarre

Original Post

Accepted Solution

keyboard not working and stuff

★★ Novice

Ok so here is the thing I didn't play DAI for a week and when I came back I started the game and it wasn't reponding to my keyboard.

"Oh that's weird" I told myself until I figured out that I wasn't the only one to have that problem, but even better no one can help me !

after some research on various website I still cannot find a solution.

I tried all possible things:

-repare the game (didn't worked)

-uninstall and install again (didn't worked)

-delete the last two folders in "saves"(didn't worked)

Before telling me that : 

-it's not my keyboard (i'm writting from it right now and I can't change it since i'm on a laptop)

-no mod involved since i'm not using some

-I never used a controller and I can't change the settings about it since no controller is pluged in my computer

thing is getting reeeeeeaaaly on my nerves so please can someone help me.

Message 1 of 25 (11,416 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: keyboard not working and stuff

★★★ Novice
I fixed it! I was running the game trying to see if anything was weird, as a last ditch effort, when i noticed that I had my discord overlay on. When the game started up the overlay was on with a couple friends in the discord, but I wasn't in a discord at the time. So i went to discord and turned off the overlay and the game started to work again! Thank you guys for all your help.

View in thread

Message 17 of 25 (12,752 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice
I have the same problem and when i go to contact EA support i never get anybody to tell them about my problem.
Message 2 of 25 (11,367 Views)

Do you use a teamviewer program, or other sharing software program??  IIRC TViewer caused this issue on some systems....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 25 (11,356 Views)

★★ Novice

no i'm not i'm simply trying using origins and sometimes discord is open but i've tried with and without it, the result is the same.

Message 4 of 25 (11,345 Views)

[ Edited ]

Teamviewer has caused issues for other games just by running in the background not even being used, just ready if you want it....

One thing to try..... Find your saves folder and delete the profileoptions and the profileoptions_options files inside the saves folder.  This is where all the game options are stored, and thus if it becomes corrupted, can cause strange issues....if you really don't want to delete them, you can simply move them, but the game will create a new set as soon as you start it back up, but all options will be back to default.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 5 of 25 (11,312 Views)

★★ Novice

like I said on my first post I already tried that and it dosen't work

Message 6 of 25 (11,292 Views)

★★ Novice

oh yeah and theyre is something new : one time in 3 when I start my game he dosen't even recognise my mouse

Message 7 of 25 (11,289 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
Make/Model of keyboard?
Make/Model of mouse?
DXdiag report?

Help us help you...
Message 8 of 25 (11,282 Views)

★★★ Novice
I did everything that i could but nothing seems to work and i'm getting tilted about it.
Message 9 of 25 (11,261 Views)

DxDiag file like @ThandalNLyman said may help...may..I think you said you are on a laptop??  So I assume you are using the built in Keyboard??

Have you tried a clean boot??This would help cut down on the possibility it is a cross program interference...you can also try creating another profile on your OP system and don't add ANYTHING too it except for Origin and DAI and that would also help eliminate cross program interference.

USUALLY...and as I have said other places, that is a word that will get you in trouble many times....but Usually, this is a cross program interference or a ghost controller/keyboard in the system hardware listing causing issues.  So please try a clean boot, maybe even the new profile on your PC and please post a DXdiag file....please.

And sorry I didn't understand about the profileoptions files....I thought you were saying you had deleted the last two saves from your play...

Also does the keyboard not work only on a loaded save, or does it not work anywhere in game??  Otherwise, can you go into options and choose to rebind a key to something new, or does it simply not know a keyboard is connected in game??

Message 10 of 25 (11,252 Views)