Re: jaws

by DainJr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

jaws

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Why does the games difficulty dramatically gets tough during DLCS' like Jaws of Hakkon and Descent ? I am currently on Level 24 with best  superb equipment of Armor and weapons and still get my * whooped and the battles take 30-40 minutes? Any tips?

Message 1 of 4 (561 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah, I also found the enemies in Jaws of Hakkon (those archers and the poison spiders and the ice giant... etc.) very very difficult~! And this was me, fully geared as well because I pretty much finished everything before going through the DLCs...

What helped me was actually getting gear that has "damage resistance" (namely melee, ranged, and magic) and stacking those up to high heavens. Since my main was a Knight Enchanter, it got to a point of almost no damage from physical melee/range because I stacked those up with ice armor from the Blizzard skill. Also, there is a skill that rogues has that nullifies ranged attacks so there's that. 

Hard fights made me utilize my potions (everyone popping max improved regen potions and clumping together = everyone full health in 3s).

If there is a particularly "ouchie" enemy, I make it a habit of disabling them ASAP (any mage actually...).

Also, setting up your cross-class combos is better than going ham with the offensive team lineup. 

So, the name of the game was DEFENSE! 

Consider dropping Cole or Bull for Cassandra as a shield gives a lot of defensive ability. 

Also, if you are asking for tips, it's helpful if you give us what your main character's class is... lol.

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (435 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

The easiest way to get around this is to lower your difficulty, but making sure you have a healer/reviver in your party as well as stocking up on plenty of armor and regeneration potions can help a lot. Blackwall is great because his Champion specialization can make him virtually invincible if you build him right and Vivienne's Knight Enchanter has great barriers and her focus ability can give everyone full health instantly.

Message 2 of 4 (444 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah, I also found the enemies in Jaws of Hakkon (those archers and the poison spiders and the ice giant... etc.) very very difficult~! And this was me, fully geared as well because I pretty much finished everything before going through the DLCs...

What helped me was actually getting gear that has "damage resistance" (namely melee, ranged, and magic) and stacking those up to high heavens. Since my main was a Knight Enchanter, it got to a point of almost no damage from physical melee/range because I stacked those up with ice armor from the Blizzard skill. Also, there is a skill that rogues has that nullifies ranged attacks so there's that. 

Hard fights made me utilize my potions (everyone popping max improved regen potions and clumping together = everyone full health in 3s).

If there is a particularly "ouchie" enemy, I make it a habit of disabling them ASAP (any mage actually...).

Also, setting up your cross-class combos is better than going ham with the offensive team lineup. 

So, the name of the game was DEFENSE! 

Consider dropping Cole or Bull for Cassandra as a shield gives a lot of defensive ability. 

Also, if you are asking for tips, it's helpful if you give us what your main character's class is... lol.

Message 3 of 4 (436 Views)

★★★ Novice
@DainJr that also helps but the quick solution I found was using 2 mages and using shields back to back on allies. It really changed the way I play games.
Message 4 of 4 (429 Views)