Re: issues with custom heroes on dragon age keep/tapestry

by mcsupersport

Original Post

issues with custom heroes on dragon age keep/tapestry

★★ Novice

hey, basically i've had an issue for a good few weeks now with missing custom heroes on the keep. my custom hero for dragon age origins is not showing and I've put a lot of time in troubleshooting and nothing has worked, the only cause i can seem to find is that I started the series last year (on xbox 360) and played out of order (origins > 2 > awakening) which may have caused a glitch or something. 

I've tried to contact ea support through social media and chat, but i've literally sat with the chat box open for hours and nobody ever gets back to me. I know other people have had this problem but i've not seen any fix so far so I was wondering if anyone had one. I know this isn't a serious issue as inquisition isn't tightly linked to origins but i'd just prefer all my data in the right place and for the system to actually work, and I'd like to have an accurate world state before starting inquisition on xbox one.

thanks

Message 1 of 4 (9,607 Views)

Hero

@lo77e Your actual playthrough choices etc. do not get uploaded to the keep, just the name and a picture of your Warden/Hawke, you still have to fill in the tapestry. You can alter the default heroes if you want, but it will have no impact on DAI, just what shows in the Keep. You can find a lot of useful information and tutorials for the Keep here (I've linked to the part about custom/default heroes).

Also, if you get stuck waiting for the chat for a long time you may need to try a different browser, or try disabling any browser extensions that could be interfering. The estimated wait time tends to be wrong until it gets under 4 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 4 (9,590 Views)

★★★ Novice

Your last message on your twitter page was 2018. It's the end of 2019. I've written many messages and no reply's. No new hero's show up in the keep. I can log in and all that but not one person as written anything about it. 

Message 3 of 4 (7,473 Views)

i have posted about this before, but will post again.....

The issue is the old games were never designed to work with the Keep.  DA:O and DA2 were designed to work with Bioware's own site, which has since been shut down.  Some say that some bits of the background mechanics are still working, but it is hit or miss at best.  The way the keep originally worked with the older games was datamining Bioware's site for name, class, and IIRC main items done(though some say this never happened)...so alas, when Bioware's site was shut down, there is now no place for the games to upload and no place for the Keep to mine. 

So, since the background processes may or more likely may NOT be working, the only way to get info on the keep for older games is to do it yourself.  By this I mean, you remember, or write down your choices, then go into the Keep and manually create your character and enter the choices you made on the keep.  Once everything is entered, you then set it as the locked and ready to export world state, and then it downloads it to DA:I.  If you are EXTREMELY lucky you may get your early game characters in the Keep, but I wouldn't bet on it, and instead plan on doing manually. 

Sorry if this isn't what you wanted to hear, but it is the way things are. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 4 (7,453 Views)