Re: inquisition won't start

by DarkAmaranth1966

Original Post

Accepted Solution

inquisition won't start

★★★★★ Novice

Hello,

Over the past couple of weeks I have had trouble opening Dragon Age: Inquisition from my PC. The screen might go black, as it usually does when the game window launches, but this quickly disappears and nothing further happens. Sometimes nothing happens at all. The small Origin window might pop up saying it is syncing my cloud data or whatever, but nothing afterwards. I've tried right clicking the game icon and repairing game, checking for updates, restarting the PC, updating my PC etc, but it didn't make any difference.

I'm using Windows 8 on my HP Envy laptop and Nvidia Geforce graphics card. I've played the game for hours previously, and have only just come across this problem the past few weeks.

If you need anymore information, do let me know!

Thanks

Message 1 of 4 (376 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Expert

Please see THIS THREAD.

If that isn't the problem, please follow the instructions in THIS POST and post a full DXDIAG report so that we can check for driver and hardware issues.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (385 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Expert

Please see THIS THREAD.

If that isn't the problem, please follow the instructions in THIS POST and post a full DXDIAG report so that we can check for driver and hardware issues.

Message 2 of 4 (386 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Making the DA:I application an exception for my AVG software finally fixed it! Thanks!
Message 3 of 4 (349 Views)

★★★ Expert

Good, I'm glad you got it working without a huge fuss. Happy Dragon Hunting.

Message 4 of 4 (335 Views)