Message 321 of 1,253 (1,366 Views)

Re: inquisition blackscreen after messi loading screen

★★ Novice

exact same issue

Message 322 of 1,253 (1,307 Views)

★★★ Newbie

dual core, case closed????  What a load of BS

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4820K CPU @ 3.70GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.7GHz  SAME problem, Blackscreen!

Oh and I purchased my DIGITAL copy on Amazon I guess I am **** out of luck...You lot are just lovely..When will you stop focusing on your rush deadlines, and your DRM toys, and start making games again???

Message 323 of 1,253 (1,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issues. The game launches, you see the bioware screen, then goes to the message about auto saving, then the screen goes black and music starts. Then about 5 seconds later, the music stops and the screen just sits there black. Have to Task Manager out.

http://hastebin.com/ahadepihan.tex

Message 324 of 1,253 (1,190 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 325 of 1,253 (1,691 Views)

★★★ Novice

http://hastebin.com/ecidaxacep.tex

I keep getting to the cut scene after character creation where the 3 guards surround you and it crashes every single time at that spot

Message 326 of 1,253 (1,576 Views)

★ Apprentice

@digimmortal wrote:

Just over clocked my AMD Athlon II x3 into an AMD Phenom II x4 B50 (Propus) and that instantly solved the issue. Everything works, looks beautiful. I just need a new cooling system for the chipset.

For those of you who have this problem of black screen with core x3 processors, remember that most core x3 processors actually have a locked core that is either unstable or stable but locked and sold as a core x3 in order to meet production/sales/stock quota.

You can always go into the BIOS and unlock the core, but be prepared to find a way to deal with the additional heat. You may find that the voltage needs adjusting in the BIOS if your mobo power management allows. Check the chip sn to find out what kind of core it will unlock to if it's an AMD (available on the serial as an xxxx-SD or xxxx-SC) to find out what sort of core and chipset style you'll have. If it works, you'll be able to run DA: I without issue.

This worked for my triple core PC but I have to emphasize cooling.  My temp jumped up to 85c within less than a minute of starting the game so I'm throwing in a corsair h100i liquid cpu cooler to make up for it.

Message 327 of 1,253 (1,561 Views)

★ Apprentice

Back to the top.

Message 328 of 1,253 (1,458 Views)

★★ Novice

If you're having this issue and you have higher than a dual core processor, you might want to check that all the cores are enabled. I spent all night last night dealing with this issue and trying to fix it. I have a quad core processor so I didn't think the listed solution was applicable to my box, but  I got looking at my dxdiag repot and sure enough, it only listed 2 cpus so it was behaving as if it was a dual core processor.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

It ended up being a Windows setting that was throttling the number of processors Windows was seeing.If your dxdiag only shows 2 CPUs and you have a quad core or higher, try the steps below:

Start Menu > type msconfig in the search box.

In the System Configuration box that pops up, go to the Boot Tab  and click on the  Avanced Options button.

See if the Number of Processors box is checked in the top left corner. If it is, unchek it and then hit ok to apply the change and reboot.

Re-run your dxdiag (or look and see how many processors show in your task manager).

After I disabled this setting my dxdiag looked like this:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz ---- Much better!

Inquistion is running great now. As a side now, I had other games, Sleeping Dogs and Crysis 3, that had this same issue with the black screen and I could never fix them. I tested Sleeping Dogs today and it works now. I am guessing it will fix my Crysis 3 as well.

Hope this helps!

Message 329 of 1,253 (1,461 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@sinone77 wrote:

If you're having this issue and you have higher than a dual core processor, you might want to check that all the cores are enabled. I spent all night last night dealing with this issue and trying to fix it. I have a quad core processor so I didn't think the listed solution was applicable to my box, but  I got looking at my dxdiag repot and sure enough, it only listed 2 cpus so it was behaving as if it was a dual core processor.

@Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

It ended up being a Windows setting that was throttling the number of processors Windows was seeing.If your dxdiag only shows 2 CPUs and you have a quad core or higher, try the steps below:

Start Menu > type msconfig in the search box.

In the System Configuration box that pops up, go to the Boot Tab  and click on the  Avanced Options button.

See if the Number of Processors box is checked in the top left corner. If it is, unchek it and then hit ok to apply the change and reboot.

Re-run your dxdiag (or look and see how many processors show in your task manager).

After I disabled this setting my dxdiag looked like this:

@Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz ---- Much better!

Inquistion is running great now. As a side now, I had other games, Sleeping Dogs and Crysis 3, that had this same issue with the black screen and I could never fix them. I tested Sleeping Dogs today and it works now. I am guessing it will fix my Crysis 3 as well.

Hope this helps!

you helped me a lot this whole time i was the cause of my problems and now they seem to be gone

Message 330 of 1,253 (1,356 Views)