Re: import saves without game installed

by DurakDimholt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

import saves without game installed

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have had DA:O and DA II installed on PC. Played through them, including DLC's. I have since uninstalled them. Now I've started DA:I on a new computer. I chose to import a World State but when I check the tapestry, not much seems to correspond to my choices in the previous games. I still have the saves from DA:O and DA II. Is it possible to upload the saves directly somehow or must I reinstall the actual games for the saves to register correctly with Dragon Keep?

EDIT: I pre-apologise if this query has been answered before. I have spent quite some time searching but haven't turned up anything.If there is an answer somewhere, please point me to it. Thanks!

Message 1 of 4 (341 Views)

Accepted Solution

Honestly, the easiest solution is to spend a little bit of time modifing the tapestry directly and simply enter the choices you made, so they can then be set to export and used.  There has been some debate about what exactly uploads, and it varies in how quickly characters show up once the are used in game....  I personally think way back when, when Bioware Social site was fully functional and the Keep was just starting they did carry over choices, as I don't remember having to do it manually....BUT in recent years, I haven't heard of any doing so, with some people reporting some uploads of characters but no choices.  Most common result I have heard, is zero upload and only manual entry working.

So my suggestion....edit the tapestry with your choices, set it to be used in imports, and move on with DAI.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (321 Views)

All Replies

Honestly, the easiest solution is to spend a little bit of time modifing the tapestry directly and simply enter the choices you made, so they can then be set to export and used.  There has been some debate about what exactly uploads, and it varies in how quickly characters show up once the are used in game....  I personally think way back when, when Bioware Social site was fully functional and the Keep was just starting they did carry over choices, as I don't remember having to do it manually....BUT in recent years, I haven't heard of any doing so, with some people reporting some uploads of characters but no choices.  Most common result I have heard, is zero upload and only manual entry working.

So my suggestion....edit the tapestry with your choices, set it to be used in imports, and move on with DAI.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 4 (322 Views)

Hero

@DurakDimholt All that ever uploaded from DAO and DA2 was your character name, race/origin, gender, class and picture. None of the choices from the previous games ever uploaded to the keep, we always had to fill out the tapestry manually. Choices from DAI should upload, however.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 4 (302 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks guys,

I edited the choices in the Tapestry to the best of my memory. It's been a few years since I last completed the games. Still, I noticed one slightly odd thing. At Haven, Threnn the Quartermaster mentioned Loghain, and one of my response options was "Loghain is a traitor", whereas in the Tapestry I had him executed,

Message 4 of 4 (291 Views)