gamordan stormrider won't die. did I subdue him?

by DaeAel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

gamordan stormrider won't die. did I subdue him?

★★★★★ Newbie

I can't target him anymore and he is not fighting.. he is just standing there swaying . I took out all of his legs and now he has maybe 6 hps?  I can't tell. Can someone tell me what I need to do?

.Ok.. I can beat on him but he does not do anything..  if I walk away, he stands up, and waves his wings once I am out of combat, but if I get close, he goes all docile again...  did I subdue him?  If so, do I just leave ?  I did not get treasure.

no experience either.  When I get close I go back into combat more.. but I still cant target.  I can walk up and beat on him, that's it.  I don't want to leave and start over, as it was a hard fought battle.  I was the sole survivor.

Message 1 of 10 (8,466 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: gamordan stormrider won't die. did I subdue him?

★★★★ Guide

It's really hard to track everything since noone made a comprehensive bug list.

Some skills are bugged and lead to stuck quests. Some necromancy skill in particular (did you have Dorian with you there) but kill me if I can remember now which one.

The dragon, after you halve his health, should trigger a cutscene.

IMO you should replay the fight, but this time combine a different party.

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (9,135 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

It's really hard to track everything since noone made a comprehensive bug list.

Some skills are bugged and lead to stuck quests. Some necromancy skill in particular (did you have Dorian with you there) but kill me if I can remember now which one.

The dragon, after you halve his health, should trigger a cutscene.

IMO you should replay the fight, but this time combine a different party.

Message 2 of 10 (9,136 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

no, it was bull, sera and vidiene.  all were down and the dragon was almost dead and it just stopped fighting all docile.  no cutscene.. I was focused on his legs. .

Message 3 of 10 (8,449 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I had the same issue. My party consisted of Bull, Vivienne, and Cassandra. There was no cut scene and when Gamordan hit 1% HP, he swayed back and forth. He became immune to all attacks. Had to reload the game and try again
Message 4 of 10 (8,025 Views)

★★★ Novice
Why is this marked as solved? No one posted a solution. I'm experiencing this as well. Cass, Solas, Viv. Down to 0 hp, won't die. Just stands there.
Message 5 of 10 (7,402 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The Inmortality bug happens to me exclusively with Giants. I've never found an inmortal dragon so far...

Message 6 of 10 (7,393 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same problem. Come on guys. Fix these bugs.
Message 7 of 10 (5,920 Views)

★★★ Newbie

IveI actually just run into this issue.

Solved it by walking away from the dragon, porting to the nearest camp, and then walking all the way back to a full health Gamoran Stormrider.

This time, I let my companions beat it up, and it flopped dead on the ground.

Message 8 of 10 (3,562 Views)

★★★ Novice

Surprising to see this is so long known bug and it is still not fixed. I play on PS4 and just ran to a same bug today after 4 years! Reloading the save (and fighing the fat lizard again.) helped me.

Message 9 of 10 (3,371 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just let everyone die then hit continue and fought him again.. he died this time... stupid giant shocky lizard

Message 10 of 10 (1,984 Views)