Re: dragon age inquisition won't start after change to mantle mode

by serowa_lipa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

dragon age inquisition won't start after change to mantle mode

★★★ Newbie

Game will not start after changing display mode to "Mantle". How do I change it back to DirectX11 without launching the game to get to the options?

Message 1 of 7 (10,028 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

I have similar issues with Mantle. It launches, but the load times are very long.

You can reset your options by removing the file "ProfileOptions_profile" from your save folder. This is located in 'Documents - BioWare - Dragon Age Inquisition - Save'.

Edit: It's been a few years now. I don't think Mantle is supported anymore on modern drivers, so just stick to DirectX.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (10,002 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

I have similar issues with Mantle. It launches, but the load times are very long.

You can reset your options by removing the file "ProfileOptions_profile" from your save folder. This is located in 'Documents - BioWare - Dragon Age Inquisition - Save'.

Edit: It's been a few years now. I don't think Mantle is supported anymore on modern drivers, so just stick to DirectX.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 7 (10,003 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I had switched to mantle because someone said in another thread that it would possibly fix my issue with my taskbar not going away. The game ended up not wanting to launch after that. This solution fixed it, so thank you. Also, the taskbar problem is fixed, original mission accomplished, yay.

Message 3 of 7 (8,850 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

God bless you , that worka thanks

Message 4 of 7 (7,743 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

thank you so much 

Message 5 of 7 (5,171 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you want to keep your settings, open the file called "ProfileOptions_profile" in "This PC\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age Inquisition\Save" with notepad, press control+f, then type "gstrender.mantleenabled" without the speech marks, and delete the 1 next to it and replace it with a 0.

Message 6 of 7 (4,062 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Dragon Age: Inquisition, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 7 of 7 (3,946 Views)