Re: dragon age: inquisition crash at launch?

by mcsupersport

Original Post

Accepted Solution

dragon age: inquisition crash at launch?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I installed DA:I a few weeks ago but only tried it today. Upon launching the game, the screen went black with the upper left quadrant staying white, and froze up the whole PC while the fans ramped up and got hot as they would during running a game... no usual means to get out (Windows key, Alt/Tab, Ctrl/Alt/Del) would work and the game eventually stopped by itself after a few minutes.

Any fixes/help? Thanks.

PS: Just tried to launch it again, no go... waited for a few minutes and nothing, it was like I hadn't launched it at all.

Message 1 of 2 (417 Views)

Accepted Solution

Black screen and back to desktop most commonly is caused by your Anti-virus interfering with the game launch.  The fix is to put DAI, Origin, and DAI saves folders all in the global exclusions lists for your anti-virus.  Make sure it is the global list as there are two lists, one for scanning and one total ignore, aka global exclusion. 

If this isn't the case then we will need more info, so a DxDiag file posted per the sticky at the top of the forum on how to post info for help would be a good starting place. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (386 Views)

All Replies

Black screen and back to desktop most commonly is caused by your Anti-virus interfering with the game launch.  The fix is to put DAI, Origin, and DAI saves folders all in the global exclusions lists for your anti-virus.  Make sure it is the global list as there are two lists, one for scanning and one total ignore, aka global exclusion. 

If this isn't the case then we will need more info, so a DxDiag file posted per the sticky at the top of the forum on how to post info for help would be a good starting place. 

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 2 (387 Views)