Re: da:i deleted my canon character with 100+ hours

by DainJr

Original Post

da:i deleted my canon character with 100+ hours

★★ Novice

okay so i'm starting my 2nd inquisition run and as soon as i did the cutscene, i realized i didn't like the eyebrows and wanted to start again before i got too far. i deleted the character, and accidentally deleted my CANON inquisitor that i'd already completed the game with. i cannot find an option to restore the character with cloud saves. i only see the option to replace cloud saves with local saves, but i need the opposite: to replace a local save (or lack thereof) with a cloud save. please help.

Message 1 of 4 (411 Views)

Something to try, create another account on your computer, put origin and DAI on that user, run the game using your current Origin account to get access to the game.  See if it will download the cloud saves, if it does, then put them into a public folder/shared folder or save them to a external drive and then using your main computer account copy the files over to the saves folder.  Also of note, generally a good idea to make manual saves aka backups for games like this or any other you will use later.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 2 of 4 (375 Views)

★★ Novice

this did not work, but thank you anyway! it cloud synced automatically without giving me the option to load cloud or local saves :/

Message 3 of 4 (363 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

RIP Canon character~!

This happened to me once before (another game with cloud save), so whenever I do "the playthrough", I make a backup save of my game complete file and upload it to my google cloud as a .zip file :3 That way, it is "safe".

Not that it matters as it seems BioWare intends to use the Dragon Age Keep to serve as the cross-platform/cross-generation save importer of stuff you did in the previous Dragon Age games for its sequels ;3

Btw, wanna be friends, I need 1 more to finish a "challenge" on the same Dragon Age Keep? 

Message 4 of 4 (346 Views)