crash in equip potion screen

by Baaf51

Original Post

crash in equip potion screen

★★ Novice

PC player. My game crashes when I enter the equip potion screen at a camp. Is this something other people have experienced? what can be done?

Message 1 of 3 (888 Views)

Re: crash in equip potion screen

★★★ Apprentice

I've experienced this several times and reported it.  There's no indication anyone's reading this stuff except the helpful community people who dig up patchnotes, and Nils who then confirms them and updates the main threads with official info releases.

Not confident about Patch 4.  The initially promising "we intend to add a lot of stuff that didn't make it before release [due to EA mandate of pre-Xmas release at all costs, but a good employee can't ever say that]" is looking like it's going to be heavily Multiplayer oriented.  No real communication on anything else.

Fortunately the crash is not a guarantee, so I save my game a distance away from the table, then approach said table with dread and give it a try.  I'm realizing I haven't even bothered with potions for days because of this.  Why farm 2423 elfroot when trying to use them just crashes you half the time?

Message 2 of 3 (872 Views)

Re: crash in equip potion screen

★★ Novice

This issue has gone unsolved since the game's release. I've had to reboot the game over 150 times (about once or twice an hour).

I don't understand why this bug is so hard to find. Lots of people (although not the general population, it seems) have this problem, but no word that it's even on their radar.

I've personally posted about this three different times with copious amounts of information and yet no response.

Don't expect it to get fixed. The best you can do is assign potions to people one at a time (if it comes up at all) and exit, then do it again on another person.

Message 3 of 3 (825 Views)