chat

by yanai219

Original Post

chat

★★★ Newbie

Playing Dragon age: Inquisition on Xbox one. Have a bug problem on the Chateau D'onterre quest.

I got in the grand balcony, and fought the Arcane and died. After I respawned the Arcane isn't there anymore, but the quest is still unresolved.

Anyone knows what to do? I don't have a recent saving point to go back to since I continued the game after I saw that nothing happened. And now going back to it, I can't complete it.

Suggestions?

Message 1 of 7 (609 Views)

Re: chat

★★★★★ Apprentice
Have you tried exiting and entering the area? That might reset it.

If just exiting back into the Emerald Graves doesn't work, try travelling out to another area of the map (eg. Skyhold/Black Emporium/etc).
Message 2 of 7 (597 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @yanai219

Like @Teknikah suggested, travelling to a different location might solve this issue. You can also try out the repair option in Origin.

/Ataashi

Message 3 of 7 (543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your response.

Yes, I have tried going in and out to different locations on the map, not just in the same region. 

The biggest issue I have is that you can clearly see on the map inside the Balcony that there is an exclamation mark (!) where the box used to be, but it's not visible. 

Even when pressing on L button, it shows nothing. So there has to be a different solution for this. 

Message 4 of 7 (528 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@yanai219

Oh sorry! For some reason I skipped the "Xbox One" part in your post  and provided troubleshooting on PC Disappointed

If you're playing on Xbox, you can also try to power cycle your console or reset it while keeping all games and applications.

/Ataashi

Message 5 of 7 (520 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am clutching at straws here. But have you tried just walking back to the balcony and trying to trigger the demon to spawn as it did last time?

I don't know if that will work but it's worth a shot

Message 6 of 7 (494 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I've just been having a look around Google for you, and unfortunately it looks like once this bug occurs there is no fix other than reloading to before the encounter. Apparently a lot of people have had this issue.

Here is a forum post with a number of "me too's" : https://fextralife.com/forums/t177589/bug-chateau-donterre-questu/
Message 7 of 7 (472 Views)