cant get inquisition to run, no avg

by sapphosera

Original Post

Accepted Solution

cant get inquisition to run, no avg

★★ Apprentice

its probably been 6+ months since ive been able to play inquisition, first because frosty mods stopped working, and then today i figured ill try regular old daimods since i know they work and are reliable, but then i cant even get vanilla game to load. i redownloaded it (twice) i just formatted my pc, windows 10, i have nvdia and i believe theyre up to date (geforce now changed their interface and its confusing) and like i said i dont have avg antivirus, i have kaspersky internet security and vpn, but i cant even get to the main menu it just keeps locking up. the little inquisition logo flashes for a few seconds and then it just locks up

i also notice when i open up my taskbar to close the game my origin app is using a HUGE amount of cpu??)

ive attached my dxdiag 

Capture.PNG

Message 1 of 6 (576 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: cant get inquisition to run, no avg

Depends on the mods, of which you would have to talk to the mod makers.  There really shouldn't be any changes going on with DAI, so if I had to guess, most mod makers aren't messing with their mods.  Now it is possible that newer drivers or changes with Origin have impacted mods, but that is above my knowledge as I didn't use any mods in DAI.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (468 Views)

All Replies

Your DXdiag file shows several DAI apphangs with info that USUALLY indicates cross program interference.  So you may try a clean diagnostics boot, and see if the problem goes away.  You can also try renaming your save folder for DAI and see if it helps.  If you have Razor or Steel series peripherals then try uninstalling their programs.  Make sure DAI, Origin and DAI Saves folder all are set to run as administrator.  If you make me bet on this, I would put my money on cross program interference.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 6 (558 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@mcsupersport wrote:

Your DXdiag file shows several DAI apphangs with info that USUALLY indicates cross program interference.  So you may try a clean diagnostics boot, and see if the problem goes away.  You can also try renaming your save folder for DAI and see if it helps.  If you have Razor or Steel series peripherals then try uninstalling their programs.  Make sure DAI, Origin and DAI Saves folder all are set to run as administrator.  If you make me bet on this, I would put my money on cross program interference.

i did manage to get it to run, i added it into my safe programs for kaspersky, and it was running fine. started a new game and up until getting to haven and the opening scene and then it just cut to black and my character just stood there still in the war room lol

origin still doesnt run right, when i first open it it lags, and i have to 'reload page' for the app to load. im not sure if that is still an issue with another program? i dont think i have razor or steel series peripherals, it doesnt sound familiar at all.

Message 3 of 6 (553 Views)

As for Origin, making sure it is set to run as admin, making sure your Anti-virus also ignores it along with DAI may help with some of it's issues. 

Message 4 of 6 (521 Views)

★★ Apprentice

yeah ive been getting help from mod makers saying running the programs in admin works but i am still getting lock ups when using mods with skin or even some outfits. this has been going on a year now. are mods not supported anymore? it gets quiet when the topic comes up. 

Message 5 of 6 (477 Views)

Depends on the mods, of which you would have to talk to the mod makers.  There really shouldn't be any changes going on with DAI, so if I had to guess, most mod makers aren't messing with their mods.  Now it is possible that newer drivers or changes with Origin have impacted mods, but that is above my knowledge as I didn't use any mods in DAI.

Message 6 of 6 (469 Views)