can i play my pc games on origin through my xbox 360

by Narrotan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

can i play my pc games on origin through my xbox 360

★★★ Newbie

pretty much what the title says, if i dowloaded DA:I via origin to my computer can i play it on my linked account with xbox with out having to buy it again?

Message 1 of 9 (8,706 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: can i play my pc games on origin through my xbox 360

Community Manager

Games aren't duplicated across, so you would need to buy a new copy and start fresh, yes. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (10,230 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Games aren't duplicated across, so you would need to buy a new copy and start fresh, yes. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 9 (10,231 Views)

★★ Novice

that sucks i wanted to play a game on my pc thats on xbox 360

Message 3 of 9 (8,415 Views)

★ Novice

so I have to buy the game two times and all the DLC also

Message 4 of 9 (8,186 Views)

Hero

@David_Louis25 That is correct. If you are playing on the Xbox 360 or PS3, you don't have access to all the DLC or patches, anyway, as support was cut for those platforms before Bioware was finished creating new content for the game (the previous gen platforms did not handle the game well). However, you can get the game of the year version of the game on PC, PS4 or Xbox One, which contains all the DLC and stuff packs and works out much cheaper than buying it all separately. It's likely to go on sale at some point, if you're patient.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If a post solves your issue, please mark it as solved, it may help others with the same issue in future. Standard smile

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 5 of 9 (8,181 Views)

★★★ Newbie

that really sucks. you should make a way to transfer your games from origin. but i cant blame ya, it's ea that's really greedy, not you.

Message 6 of 9 (5,183 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

EA has to pay a licensing fee to Microsoft for each sold copy on Xbox. When EA sells a game on Origin, it's 100% for EA. So if you were able to buy a game on Origin and download it on Xbox, EA would get 100% of the profit and Microsoft would have to provide bandwidth for free so you could download the game. I just don't see that happening.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 9 (5,166 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes.

Message 8 of 9 (2,296 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

So why do you add a transfer fee to make up the money  lost and still allow all those who want to play on PC to do so for instance if you bought Minecraft on 360 you can upgrade to Xbox one version for 5 buck. Could you look into a program like this or suggestion it to someone at ea who might make this happen

Message 9 of 9 (1,025 Views)