Xbox one Cannot connect to dragon age servers

by RonnyJohnson

Original Post

Xbox one Cannot connect to dragon age servers

★★ Novice

Basically, since the day of release until now (November 22/2014) i have been unable to connect to the dragon age servers on my xbox one. When i hit Y, in game to log in, the game loads a bit then comes up with the error message "connection to dragon age servers has been lost." Don't really know if this is a common problem or not, but it has been really frustrating because I cannot get my world. Along with this i have noticed a few bugs in game like random crashes characters in cutscenes arndomly stop talking and the cutscene is paused till i skip it, and my character randomly goes invisible sometimes. Is it possible that i have a bugged copy of the game or is this just an issue with the game itself?

thanks for your time, 

Frustrated guy that wants his world back

Message 1 of 26 (18,690 Views)

Re: Xbox one Cannot connect to dragon age servers

★★★ Newbie

I played 12 hours yesterday.  When I restarted my Xbox, I received the cannot connect to servers" message.   I stopped DA:I, and tested my network settings.  Other Apps thru the Xbox are working fine.  I tried DA:I again - black screen.  I ejected my disc and reinserted, restarting DA:I.  I get the message, "press the menu button."  I press the menu button and the game stops ... music and sound continue for a while, but eventually black screen. 

I've waited years for this game.   It is not only the first game I have ever pre-ordered, but the first I've bought within 3 months of release.  Iwas really enjoying the game.  But now I realize how smart it was to wait for the kinks to be worked out.

Message 2 of 26 (18,653 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok, it is an Xbox One problem, not a Dragon Age server problem.  None of my games on the Xbox One get past "press to start".  My Xbox 360 games work however ... I even played multiplayer.

Message 3 of 26 (18,643 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

From the Home screen - hit the start button and chose 'quit' (ie. make sure dragon age is closed) - then restart your Xbox.

This happened to me as well; that was the solution.  It only did it to me once (but I've been ensuring my game is closed when I turn off my Xbox)

Message 4 of 26 (18,636 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found a thread with the answer.   Unplug your Xbox One!  Plug it back in the completely restart it.  It worked for me.

Message 5 of 26 (18,633 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It's an xbox 360 problem too. I got the game on release day pre-ordered and I have yet to actually connect to the servers. It keeps telling me I must be signed in to xbox love which I clearly am. Such a screw up on the developers part. This needs to be sorted out.
Message 6 of 26 (18,387 Views)

★★ Novice

So i tried quiting the game and restarting the xbox, both by just tuning it off and unpluggin it. After i press start when the title screen comes up i get the same message. it isn't a problem with my internet either because i can play other online games just fine. Thanks for all your advise though.

Message 7 of 26 (18,280 Views)

★★★ Novice

Also having this issue on 360 with Dragon Age Origins. I was also having it on PC, but I was able to fix it by resetting my EA password. Unfortunately, I can't get to the credentials to change them on 360. My DLC seems to work.

Message 8 of 26 (17,982 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am in the same boat.  I got to play about an hour on 11-19-2014 and  since then it will not let me even get past the "Press Menu Button To Start" message.  What exactly is going on?  I've also noticed the same problem with other EA titles like Titanfall.

Message 9 of 26 (17,936 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Anyone find a fix for this? just started happening to me, constant "connecting", am I forced to delete everything to make it work at all? Nothing else I've tried has worked, but I don't want to delete my character just for this

Message 10 of 26 (16,557 Views)