Xbox Wireless Controller not detected on PC version of Dragon Age Inquisition

by Xeeoph

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox Wireless Controller not detected on PC version of Dragon Age Inquisition

★★ Novice

I have an Xbox wireless controller (link to exact controller version here), and I can't get the game to recognize anything other than keyboard & mouse as a controller.

None of the solutions I found in this thread are working for me:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/PC-Version-Inquisition-compatibility-with-Xbox-one-...

I am posting a new topic because that one is marked as solved, but nothing there solved my issue. Not sure if people answer questions posted in a "Solved" topic.

Things I've already tried:

1. Restarting game, restarting controller and game, restarting computer.

2. Going into ProfileOptions_profile and manually setting GstInput.GamePad 1. When launching the game, the options have gamepad selected, but it gives me a message that no controller was found, so it is defaulting to keyboard instead.

3. Going into Device Manager and disabling Bluetooth LE XINPUT compatible input device. This disables my controller and it does not connect to my computer at all.

4. Going into Device Manager and disabling HID-compliant game controller. This causes my computer to BSOD every time I turn my controller on. I did a full system reset (re-install Windows) at this point, but that caused my computer to not reach desktop screen anymore. Eventually figured out how to do another system reset to revert to 7/14/2021 state (three days ago), and my computer was working again. HID-compliant game controller is now enabled and I will not be disabling that again.

5. Plugging in my controller via USB, still not recognized.

It's not a defective controller. It works for other games (Dragonquest XI, Tales of Berseria, Cyberpunk) tested before and after trying the above for Dragon Age Inquisition.

I would really like to play the game! Please help me out here.

Message 1 of 2 (1,849 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Xbox Wireless Controller not detected on PC version of Dragon Age Inquisitio

As a note about DAI, the only Xbox controller that they actually claim will work is the Xbox 360 controller which is a wired controller.  I do know that a Xbox 360 wired controller does work on my system, and some people have gotten the wireless ones to work, and others not.  So it seems to depend on the drivers installed, luck, and some amount of trouble shooting and work arounds to get it to work. 

Personally, I prefer M&K, but many don't....don't know why, because M&K is better.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,807 Views)

All Replies

Re: Xbox Wireless Controller not detected on PC version of Dragon Age Inquisitio

As a note about DAI, the only Xbox controller that they actually claim will work is the Xbox 360 controller which is a wired controller.  I do know that a Xbox 360 wired controller does work on my system, and some people have gotten the wireless ones to work, and others not.  So it seems to depend on the drivers installed, luck, and some amount of trouble shooting and work arounds to get it to work. 

Personally, I prefer M&K, but many don't....don't know why, because M&K is better.

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 2 (1,808 Views)