Xbox Game Pass for PC - DA:I says I'm missing DLC I definitely have installed

by dhansell

Original Post

Re: Xbox Game Pass for PC - DA:I says I'm missing DLC I definitely have installe

EA SPORTS FC Team

Welp, looks like I have to eat my words. 

Is there a chance that you can create a backup of your save game and let me know if the game launches as normal with a new game?

@dhansell 

Jason.png
Message 11 of 158 (3,706 Views)

Re: Xbox Game Pass for PC - DA:I says I'm missing DLC I definitely have installe

★ Guide
@EA_Jason Yep, I'll give it a try.

Now, I'm not a dev, but, seems like there's some sort of install-specific encoding that ties the save files to an instance/account/subscription. Maybe originally intended as some kind of janky DRM that's now working against legitimate players?
Message 12 of 158 (3,691 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried starting a New Game, it works. You just don't have any dlc. It's like after a month you get your dlc-s deactivated, that's why you can't load an existing game, but you can start a new one.

Message 13 of 158 (3,678 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Jason I was able to start a game, save it, and load it.
Message 14 of 158 (3,668 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

@Tiberuu and @dhansell and you have all the DLC installed through Origin/EA app?

Jason.png
Message 15 of 158 (3,654 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, they're all installed in the Ea Desktop. Redownloaded and reinstalled the game several times. Unlink and link again to Xbox gamepass, nothing helps.

Message 16 of 158 (3,651 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team
@Tiberuu Thank you for confirming, just wanted to make sure that you have the DLC installed and that you can play the DLC.

So in this case even when you have the DLC installed, somehow the save doesn't recognise the DLC and that's what I passed on.
Jason.png
Message 17 of 158 (3,630 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes something like that. I think it is a little strange because it's the GOTY edition.

Message 18 of 158 (3,624 Views)

★ Guide

In order to confirm that I can see the DLC in game I would have to play all the way to where you get access to the war table in skyhold.

Message 19 of 158 (3,611 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team
@dhansell Yeah I was afraid of that.
Jason.png
Message 20 of 158 (3,608 Views)