Xbox Game Pass PC/EA Desktop: Unable to load Save, Missing DLCs

by Last_DragoKnight

Original Post

Re: Xbox Game Pass PC/EA Desktop: Unable to load Save, Missing DLCs

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same problem, except my game pass never expired. I had all DLCs available through game pass installed (everything except Trespasser), and the game worked normally across multiple play sessions for dozens of hours. Then yesterday I got this same error message.
I hopped on a support chat session with EA, they had me run through similar steps. I've tried clearing the cache, restarting etc, eventually I uninstalled the game and EA desktop, restarted, then reinstalled both. Nothing worked, I still get the same error message.
I get the same error when loading all of my old saves, which means save corruption is very unlikely.
Other EA game pass games work, which means my account is fine.
The EA chat representative then told me that there must be a bug on their end, but he couldn't tell me if it would ever be fixed and that they couldn't contact me about the issue to let me know if they ever did fix it.

My whole experience with EA play on PC with Xbox game pass has been a buggy disaster from start to finish, but preventing me from loading up my saves really takes the cake.

Edit: checking in two months later, hasn't been fixed.

Message 11 of 40 (2,809 Views)

★★ Novice

I have completely the same problem as has been described here. Luckily, I have only wasted 25 hours on this game.

Message 12 of 40 (2,750 Views)

★ Novice

I got this problem just now after EA Desktop suddenly asked me to sign into my Microsoft account again in order to confirm that my subscription is still active (even though it hasn't expired and it's valid for over 1 more month). After I did that, the game couldn't even launch - clicking on "Play" inside EA Desktop did nothing. I used "Help > App recovery" and it seemed to fix the issue with launching the game, but none of my 6 game saves loads due to "missing DLCs". I reinstalled the game 3 times and made sure each DLC is downloaded, but still the game won't load my saves.

I tried running the game through Origin but it doesn't even show it in my library, even though it shows that I have "purchased" it. I used the "Add Non-Origin Game" option, but then Origin asks for an activation code for the game, which I obviously don't have.

It boggles my mind how EA could create a new client (EA Desktop) which is supposed to be used in parallel to the old one and is not compatible with the old one plus it has such major bugs. I know it's still in beta, but EA forces us gamers to use it in order to have EA Play though Xbox Game Pass, so there is no other choice.

Message 13 of 40 (2,649 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey

Has anyone managed to find a solution to this problem finally? I have 50 hours worth of progress hanging in the balance because the DLCs won't get recognized. The game tells me none of my DLCs are recognized but the EA tech support tells me only The Descent and JoH are not recognized (which is weird because I played The Descent yesterday with no issues). I don't want to have to start a new game , I suck at it as it is. This is getting frustrating. I've tried pretty much everything you've listed as well. Any advice would be helpful.

I'm playing this via Game Pass and EA Desktop. DA Origins is the only other game I'm playing and it's functioning with no problems, DLCs and all

Message 14 of 40 (2,596 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Xbox client says that game is GOTY but when i donwloaded the game through EA desktop,client says that i need to buy Trespasser. All other DLCs says "You own this add-on". GOTY includes Trespasser so EA Desktop version is non-goty? I contacted EA support and they said that they inform their team but nothing happened. Also i contacted Microsoft and answer was something like "if there is any problems with EA play games, microsoft doesn't contact EA, customer need to contact them". Last time without EA Desktop, everything was fine when played DA:I with EA play in DEC 2020.

Message 15 of 40 (2,578 Views)

★ Novice

I talked to 4 different EA support people and tried multiple things like clearing EA Desktop cache, reinstalling EA Desktop, reinstalling the game, logging out and back in to EA Desktop, flushing DNS addresses, Windows recovery but nothing helped. At the end I got the following message:

I discussed your case with my team and afraid to say that we cannot validate missing DLC from our end. I would love to help you here however there is really no option available. I hope you will understand that. I would suggest you to get in touch with Xbox once so that they could check the details on their end.

Considering that MS doesn't want to get involved in such cases (according to the previous response in this thread) it means there is nothing that can be done at this point and the only light of hope would be major updates to EA Desktop, but who knows when that's coming.

Message 16 of 40 (2,470 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, I was playing Need for Speed Most Wanted about 20 hours, then I bought a new SSD to PC, reinstalled the Windows and now my save is lost, I need start the game again 😢

Message 17 of 40 (2,386 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem here , Any Solution ?

Message 18 of 40 (2,365 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here, Gamepass on PC expired for about an hour, now the game wont load saves as it states I'm missing DLC's.
Pretty frustrating, anybody find any work arounds?

Message 19 of 40 (2,267 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing bro. I found the same problem with Sim4. Missing DLC download option, and they told me it's in my collection and suggested all the same steps. And then they told me the DLC is not refundable. WTF

Message 20 of 40 (2,032 Views)