Xbox 360 controller mapping help

by UnCui

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Xbox 360 controller mapping help

★★ Novice

I'm currently enjoying DAI on pc, and I decided to buy an xbox 360 controller to play the game with (after hearing positive feedback about better gameplay this way), and I'm very confused to say the least...

I've searched for the controller bindings, but could not find anywhere the scan button, and the pause button (ctrl on pc), I found that the back button on the xbox 360 controller brings up the tactical view, which I barely used to begin with.

So my questions are :

Which button is SCAN?

Is there any PAUSE button like on the keyboard?

And if there is any way to edit the keys for the controller...

Thanks for the help.

Message 1 of 4 (1,875 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Xbox 360 controller mapping help

Community Manager

On a controller you should just be able to push the start button, it'll bring up the various menus that you need. 

I'm not sure about changing the bindings on the controller, sorry. I don't have the game installed on this machine to test, but I don't remember ever changing from the default setup. 

If you check the manual here you can see the default controls when using a 360 controller. 

https://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/eahelp/manuals/dragon-age-inquisition-manuals_Microsoft%20Xbox%20360...

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (2,076 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I found the button for scan...turns out, I wasn't pushing hard enough on the left joystick.

The issue of pausing and editing the controller keys still remain.

Message 2 of 4 (1,874 Views)

Community Manager

On a controller you should just be able to push the start button, it'll bring up the various menus that you need. 

I'm not sure about changing the bindings on the controller, sorry. I don't have the game installed on this machine to test, but I don't remember ever changing from the default setup. 

If you check the manual here you can see the default controls when using a 360 controller. 

https://eaassets-a.akamaihd.net/eahelp/manuals/dragon-age-inquisition-manuals_Microsoft%20Xbox%20360...

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 4 (2,077 Views)

★★★ Novice
How do you change the buttons on the controller back to their original settings?
Message 4 of 4 (1,699 Views)