Working solution for Intel dual core CPUs!

by nickjamespoad

Original Post

Re: Working solution for Intel dual core CPUs!

★★★ Newbie

Eh...?

Guys, the link in the first post redirects to a Intel HD Graphics driver. I don't need to do any experiment to be 100% sure that that driver has nothing to do with lack for 2 cores support in the DAI game engine. HD Graphics is Intel GPU on CPU (replacement for what was previously known as Onboard Graphics, today the GPU comes in the same die than the CPU, not more soldered to the motherboard. Equivalent technology from AMD is called APU, APUs are AMD processors with integrated GPU, usually some slow version of an HD Radeon, slower than dedicated ones).

The issue here is how the game engine handles processor cores. I don't sure why they designed things that way, but the game engine requires 4 cores to properly sync things. In my opinion, this was done to reuse the same engine built for modern consoles (PS4, XBox One), they have many cores, same number in all sold units, then the need to handle varying number of cores simply doesn't exist.

My CPU is Intel E7400 (2 cores, google for "E7400" it if you want more specs). While the game is running the system is still very responsive, as if the game does not really stress it at all, but in the game window cut scenes and dialogues are very laggy, menus too, while character creation and walking the world are ok and playable. This denunces a synchronization problem more than lack of CPU power.

My graphic card is GT630, before you jump saying that that card is a joke let me say that it is easy to confirm that the card runs this game. To be in the safe side I using lowest settings, but people reported to run it on medium settings. The problem here is engine design. The Game Engine requires 4 cores, I don't know why. Why they could not simply design things to adapt to any number of cores as any other game, any other software in general?

Conclusion. Update Intel HD graphcis won't do any good, specially if you are not using the GPU provided with modern Intel CPUs. Socket LGA775 processors like my E7400 don't even have any GPU, the onboard GPU comes with the motherboard and may not even be from Intel.

If this driver worked for the posting user, then He is using a i3/i5/i7 processor with Intel HD Graphics. The peformance problems He found was due to the Intel HD Graphics, lucky that a driver update solved them, but His processor has enough cores to run the game. The solution may work for you only if you are in the same boat than the posting user.

Message 81 of 81 (3,614 Views)