Working solution for Intel dual core CPUs!

by nickjamespoad

Original Post

Re: Working solution for Intel dual core CPUs!

★★★ Novice

@Gorath_the_Elder wrote:

@sanityscraps wrote:

This one didn't work for me. It says my hardware can't handle the driver. UGH. Bioware said this would be able to run on your PC if it could run DA2. Patch this. It's horribly optimized around the board, from what I've heard.

Patching for dual cores is VERY unlikely.  Patches that optimize some aspects that affect both Quads and Dual core systems may open things somewhat for the (unsupported) Dual core CPU owners, assuming they have the Hyperthreaded processor versions. 

We were promised it would be supported, though. So. Foot in mouth.

Message 11 of 81 (10,946 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Why can I play battlefield 4 with a e8400 core 2 duo and a NV770 4gb then? Smooth with no stuttering. Can we get Dice to patch the game?

I just cant believe that Bioware would do rookie engineering stuff like this after all the flak they took about DA2 and ME3.

Message 12 of 81 (10,940 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

the ddriver says my operating system is not supported, even though it Win 7 64 bit

Message 13 of 81 (10,901 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Because De......o thats why

this is getting fun

Message 14 of 81 (10,808 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@sanityscraps wrote:

@Gorath_the_Elder wrote:

@sanityscraps wrote:

This one didn't work for me. It says my hardware can't handle the driver. UGH. Bioware said this would be able to run on your PC if it could run DA2. Patch this. It's horribly optimized around the board, from what I've heard.

Patching for dual cores is VERY unlikely.  Patches that optimize some aspects that affect both Quads and Dual core systems may open things somewhat for the (unsupported) Dual core CPU owners, assuming they have the Hyperthreaded processor versions. 

We were promised it would be supported, though. So. Foot in mouth.

Alot of promises where made about this game. So far there are alot missing.

Message 15 of 81 (10,673 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

The player community of Answer HQ makes no such promises to anyone, and takes no responsibility for supporting any such.  Complain to Bioware, not to your fellow game players! 

Message 16 of 81 (10,659 Views)

★★ Novice

So this is what my processor says: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4150 CPU @ 3.50 Ghz   3.50 Ghz

Does the "i3" mean I have a tri-core or just a single core?

Message 17 of 81 (10,624 Views)

Message 18 of 81 (10,598 Views)

★★★ Novice

Does anyone have these drivers for Windows Vista? 

Message 19 of 81 (10,245 Views)

★ Apprentice

It seem that this might only work as a solution if your dualcore is hyperthreaded. Pure dualcores might not.

Message 20 of 81 (10,083 Views)