Will there be a fix made for the Companion AI?

by mkllr2960

Original Post

Will there be a fix made for the Companion AI?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

First off, Bioware & EA, you did an excellent job with DAI, it is simply beautiful, and worth more than what it is sold for, especially compared to other games released around it.

That said there is one thing that concerns me greatly, and that is the AI system and tactics for the companions. Put bluntly, it doesn't work. My group never stays where I tell them, half the time they twitch from side to side doing nothing. Even when I turn the AI off, they still run around and do things on their own. I play on the PC, and I enjoyed the AI in DAO and DA2, they worked. 

Is there any plans to fix the AI problem in the future?

Message 1 of 3 (471 Views)

Re: Will there be a fix made for the Companion AI?

★★ Novice
I am not sure about the Companion AI, as I always have it disabled along with all abilities. That way, it is much easier and interesting to play. The only concern is hitting pause at the right time (previous games allowed to pause the game automatically). When I turn the AI off, my companions are completely obedient in the Tactical Mode.
Message 2 of 3 (453 Views)

Re: Will there be a fix made for the Companion AI?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've found similar issues and I play on PC. I'll have certain abilities turned off, or 'excluded' in the tactics menu, and yet I still see them using them lol. I don't know how they expect me to play hardmode/nightmare mode using strategy, which is what I love to do, when the companions AI is broke... Confusedmileysad: I like to hold my party on high ground and move forward with just the tank to draw the enemy attention and drag them back to the group, but my group won't hold its ground... AI is broke

Message 3 of 3 (452 Views)