Re: Why is Origin downloading the Beta?

by Hrungr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Why is Origin downloading the Beta?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Origin has now decided to download both the Digital Deluxe AND the Beta versions of the game.

Why... I have no idea. Why is the Beta even available to download??

Further, no matter which EXE I try using to launch the game - it launches the BETA version of the game.

I remember this being a problem *years* ago? Why is this still an issue now???

What can I do to resolve this??

Message 1 of 5 (476 Views)

Accepted Solution

Do you have beta option turned on in Origin menu??  Or do you have the option ticked in your profile on EA.com??  EA site lists GAME TESTER PROGRAM under your account...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (541 Views)

All Replies

Do you have beta option turned on in Origin menu??  Or do you have the option ticked in your profile on EA.com??  EA site lists GAME TESTER PROGRAM under your account...

I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
Message 2 of 5 (542 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Beta is turned off in the Origin client, but I am listed as a Game Tester on EA's site. I'll uncheck that and see if that solves the problem.

Strange that I haven't had this problem in years (with these settings), but suddenly I am now?

Message 3 of 5 (461 Views)

May have to repair the game after unclicking....I don't know how beta program works and how it reverts..

Message 4 of 5 (455 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay. I've unchecked Game Tester over on EA.com, uninstalled the Beta, repaired the game, rebooted and so far it hasn't tried to download again.

Thanks for your help, I think we'll call this part of the problem fixed.

Message 5 of 5 (450 Views)