Why does patch not fix Custom Hawke voice bug?

by Lareonis

Original Post

Why does patch not fix Custom Hawke voice bug?

★ Apprentice

Judging by the patch notes it appears as though the bug will no longer occur. Yet since this bug occurs at approx. the 6-10 hour mark (or Day 1 of release for most of us) many of us are now significantly further into the game at this point. Many have already beaten it, though some like myself have waited patiently for this patch so their Inquisitor sounded like him or herself again. Likely because after going 40+ hours completing side quests before talking to Hawke, the prospect of continuing the game with a voice either switched to harsh and uncouth or soft and flowery compared to our original choice really isn't a choice at all. 

Yet the voice is still changed. 

We already know the mechanics are in place to have a character generator active in game. Considering some of the major work done in this patch how is it that something as simple as providing an interactable item that allows for a return to character generation not possible? Or adding a voice toggle option in the audio options? It's not like many people are starting the game for their first time now, or are unaware of the bug and how to avoid it if they are. So fixing the bug cause is a very ineffectual patch fix as far as impacting change. Fixing the changed voices has more reach. 

I've got 70+ hours into this character and I just can't go on with the wrong voice. Yet I've put too much time in to just restart. Despite my taking a week vacation around launch, I do have a job to get to nowadays. 

I'll just sit here and wait for the surely paid DLC that adds a Black Emporium style appearance/voice editor before resuming my game. Seems more likely than an actual fix at this point. 

Message 1 of 1 (196 Views)