Why does Dragon Age Inquisition have so many bugs?

by Selcius562

Original Post

Why does Dragon Age Inquisition have so many bugs?

★★ Novice

I've been playing for over 70 hours on my first playthrough now, and I've come across many problems, but this is the first one to properly tick me off.

~~Spoilers~~

I'm in Halamshiral and have been for a while now. I went into the room with the fade rift and as soon as the battle started I noticed I couldn't use a single ability. Yes switching between characters fixed it, but that shouldn't have happened in the first place. I truly hope you aren't done with this game-- making it possible to collect from every resource node you created would be nice. (Included are a couple of times it wasn't possible to collect from a node-- I have come across many more)

Message 1 of 6 (923 Views)

Re: Why does Dragon Age Inquisition have so many bugs?

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Selcius562;  They've been done with the game for over four years now. (Patch 11, released Oct 2015, was the last.)  There won't be any more patches or updates.  Ever.

And considering the size and complexity of the game, it actually has very few bugs, most of which have workarounds of one sort  or another.  Angel

Message 2 of 6 (894 Views)

★★ Novice

Wow, well TES has that completely over them, that's awful. Thanks for letting me know.

Message 3 of 6 (890 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Selcius562;  That's hardly true.  Even when Bethesda had the chance to fix a zillion bugs in Skyrim when they remastered it for the "Special Edition", and again for the nVidia Shield, they didn't.  Exact same game-breaking bugs left in.

Message 4 of 6 (884 Views)

★★ Novice

I mean they're still patching Oblivion and Morrowind, let alone Skyrim. Granted they take forever, but they don't scrap anything.

Message 5 of 6 (870 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Selcius562 Official patch for Morrowind was last done in 2003, bloodmoon patch. Oblivion was last patched in 2009 iirc. So both they arent still patching them. The only official patching done now on Skyrim is related to their micro dlcs that they are selling.....and the only real patching being done is by individuals in the unofficial patches.

Rare is the time where any game that isn't a service is patched much beyond 12 months, yes there are exceptions but they are exceptions and not the rule.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am NOT an EA employee, I am just a simple gamer like most everyone else here volunteering my help to those who may can use it .....That means I have to pay for my games just like you, lol.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 6 of 6 (863 Views)