Re: When is the earliest time that you can check Hawke's Gender?

by taglag45

Original Post

When is the earliest time that you can check Hawke's Gender?

★★★ Novice

So I have heard that Hawke's gender can be imported incorrectly. This would REALLY bother me, and I would have to start over. I know my tapestry world state imported correctly (I confirmed this by talking to Leliana, who mentioned being in love with the Hero of Ferelden, so we are good there), and Varric mentions Bethany, which means the default Mage Hawke isn't there, so mine must have been imported. Annoyingly, though, all of the early conversations about Hawke avoid any gender pronouns at all (Seriously, would it have killed bioware to put one gender pronoun in these conversations, so we were sure that things were right?). So I am wondering, when is the earliest I get confirmation about this? Alternately, has this bug been fixed, or is it still happening? I'm playing on PC, for the record. Thank you.

Message 1 of 5 (566 Views)

Community Manager

Hmm, I think it's only revealed when the actual reveal happens, since it was a semi-mystery on launch.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 5 (544 Views)

★★★ Novice
Do you know if this bug is still affecting people or not? Or if it's affecting PC users or just PS4 users (a lot of instances of this bug that I've seen are on PS4).
Message 3 of 5 (539 Views)

★★★ Newbie

100 hours of play through and Hawke is the wrong gender. Bug still there cause everything else was correct

Message 4 of 5 (448 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I started a new character, and I Used the same Keep record i made long time ago, and hawk has always been female.

1. However this time when I am talking to Varric at haven for the first time he refers to Hawk as a male. 

2. In all my other play through Hawk has always been a female, using the same Keep record, which I have never changed.

3. I hope I do not get to that point where you meet hawk,, and find out they are male.. that would be disappointing.

4. I have never liked the Keep anyway, and now that the game is a few years old, every bug is ignored, I mean Bioware could not even afford to keep there own forum up, so I doubt they will keep the keep dependable either.

Message 5 of 5 (416 Views)